Couple new weapons

savduck

Couple new weapons

Post by savduck »

I had Billy build me three of these and then one of my two trumpet mentors had one special made for me as a gift. I got all four Friday night and man did Billy send me some beauties. There is going to be a bunch of turkey death with these instruments over the years.

From left to right.
1. Vasticola burl.....wood I sent Billy. He made 3 calls from this set. It is the first time he has ever turned trumpets out of this wood. He made 5 other trumpets at the same time and numbered them 1 through 8 as a limited edition run of calls.
2. Old growth Brazilian rosewood. This was from Billys select personal stock.....as you can see very few have been made out of this rosewood. There is a little knick battle scar on it already. It fell over and hit the ground. Oh well. It is gonna be my everyday hunting call and get a little use. notice it has a slightly different shaped body than the others.
3. Scrap pile caller. has rosewood cap, vasticola center, and amboyna burl bell. Also numbered during the limited edition 8 call release
4. Curly Koa. My buddy Nitro off of here had Billy make a 6 call set, unbeknownest to several of his friends. he gifted these to all of us this Friday at turkey camp in SC.

All of these calls are outstanding in sound quality. All of Billys sound great but you can sometimes find one with something special. All of these have that special something.

dirt road ninja

Re: Couple new weapons

Post by dirt road ninja »

Man, you've got a pile of outstanding looking callers there.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

Man, those are beautiful. The birds are not going to know what hit them. Really like the looks of that Vasticola burl. Cannot wait to see them laying beside a big ole Tom!
ccleroy

Couple new weapons

Post by ccleroy »

Bring those things back to my house, especially that rosewood and you won't see it again....lol
gophert
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by gophert »

Those thinks look really nice. The minute I put one of those in my vest I would lose it. I always lose my best striker. Can't get rid of these bad ones.

Tim
Grizzly Johnson

Post by Grizzly Johnson »

Those are purdy!!!
Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged.

Return to “Sun Rise Phantoms”