New scattergun

dirt road ninja

New scattergun

Post by dirt road ninja »

I thought I'd posted this earlier, but I don't see it. Well after nearly 20 years of service my old 835 is giving me problems. Earlier this week I ordered a new 935 with the 26 inch tube and today I ordered a Choate Mark 5 pistol grip stock for her. I already own a pile of chokes for her and between my stash and davisd9's I should have no problem finding a mean pattern. Hadn't decided on sights, but will probably clamp on some ol reliable Tru Glo iron sight. I do have a dot sight on my son's .22 that I might try. She will be all black this spring, then after the season get sent to Ark. for a dip in Mathews Lost pattern. I will post pics of things as they arrive and give reports of patterns with pics as I play with loads and chokes. This is the first turkey gun I've bought just for myself since my 835. I hope this one last as long.
savduck

Re: New scattergun

Post by savduck »

New guns are always fun. Congrats
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Congrats post pictures.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

She will be as good to you as my new 835 was last year! We will get those numbers and pattern where you want them.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

A little tip, it does come in handy to have an extra set of fingerprints on your guns
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
dirt road ninja

Post by dirt road ninja »

Shot the new gun today and overall it did well. My numbers are a little lower than I would have like to have seen, but overall she is on the right path. I shot Hevi 7's in the 2 1/4 oz load, Magblends 2 1/4 oz loads and Nitro straight 7's in the 2 7/16 oz load. Chokes used were Mad Max .695, Jellyhead .690, Stardot .676 and a Indian Creek .675. The Indian Creek was the winner with all three loads and the Hevi 13 7's did the best. I plan on shooting it once more before the season, then I'll polish the tube and shoot it again after the season closes.

Return to “Sun Rise Phantoms”