Team 8

All about the 2013 Gobbler Nation turkey hunting contest.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Team 8

Post by Gobbler »

We have a scoring problem.

I did not look at your kill thread and it was brought to my attention there was a violation. And for that I apologize for this mess up.

In the rules it clearly state three things.

You have to have pictures of measurements to validate your score claim.
If you don't feel like taking pictures you have to use the default scores.
And finally you have to enter your teammate two birds first. And apparently Bigshow killed two and had no pictures of measurements.

Looks like the two default scores of 39 for Bigshows birds changes team 8 score.
The 71 bird goes to 39 and you have to replace one of your other birds with the other 39.

Are we in agreement Team 8?
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Team 8

Post by guesswho »

deleted by guesswho
Last edited by guesswho on June 1st, 2013, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Cont520

Team 8

Post by Cont520 »

Is what it is crap happens. ? Though the 2 extra birds Chris and I killed those don't fill in the default scores? Since 2 birds was not measured correctly they shouldn't count at all right?

Robert McCormick toxic calls Prostaff, ultimate shot hwah Prostaff. 3m racing
Double beard guide service LLC
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Team 8

Post by hawglips »

I'm sure Shooter and them must have some sort of violations also that will knock them back about 70 points!? :)
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

hawglips wrote:I'm sure Shooter and them must have some sort of violations also that will knock them back about 70 points!? :)
I think he could have scored 10, without any help from us, and did well. :D I feel inadequate. What an impressive year!
ImageImageImage
Cont520

Team 8

Post by Cont520 »

If they do that's on them to come forward about it. To win by default well take it how you can get it I guess

redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

We can poke and smack talk ;) all we want but Tommy did a heck of a job thinning out them birds for sure. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

hawglips wrote:I'm sure Shooter and them must have some sort of violations also that will knock them back about 70 points!? :)
Yep Hawg, before it's all over, you guy's may do a repeat after all. :D
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I Feel bad for Team 8 they had 4 guys on there that worked hard and did it right.
I also kept telling folks to read the rules they are short and sweet. I asked before the contest if these rules made folks happy?
Got little response. I don't know how to make a contest fair if you don't measure your birds?

The default scores were their for people that didn't want to or forgot to measure.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I talked to Robert Cont520 and he is good with the new results and said he agrees with the no picture proof rule.
I'm sorry I did not look at their kill thread and alert him to the problem.

I will post the results.

I think we should start a thread and folks can talk about rules only for next year. I like how simple the rules are but if others want to give input.
I am open to it and any help with the contest.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Doug you seem to have done it right. If you "choose" not to post a pic then you get what you get.
Some times it is forgotten that we have choices, and choices have consequences. Some very small like a turkey contest and others, well, not so small.

John

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
TRKYHTR

Post by TRKYHTR »

I screwed up when I posted our score. I just went off of the score that was on the kill thread and didn't check to see if he posted pictures. My bad. I killed 7 this year and 5 of them scored 60+. 2 others were 2 year olds. Maybe the guys who don't post pics or do it right should be banned from the contest next year.

TRKYHTR
Eph 2:8-9
Cont520

Team 8

Post by Cont520 »

TRKYHTR wrote:I screwed up when I posted our score. I just went off of the score that was on the kill thread and didn't check to see if he posted pictures. My bad. I killed 7 this year and 5 of them scored 60+. 2 others were 2 year olds. Maybe the guys who don't post pics or do it right should be banned from the contest next year.

TRKYHTR
X2 on the ban If you can't do it right and won't respond to pms about your faulty scores kick them off the team. I like that idea we made sure we did everything right and one guy screwed us.

Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I agree on that Joe and Robert.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

I've got to get this off my chest and apologize for my smart azz mouth and comments.
After I calmed down, I started feeling cheap, like dirt, and sick to my stomach.
I ended up sleeping the afternoon away. I got up and came close to PMing Doug, and suggesting that maybe to let you guy's throw out Bigsho's birds, and just replace them with your others.
But once I crunched a few numbers, I realized it was not gonna change anything.

Again Robert, sorry for my comments.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

Shooter wrote:
Yep Hawg, before it's all over, you guy's may do a repeat after all. :D

Well dang, Doug's done gone and officially declared you boys the 2013 cyber cup winners.

Congrats to the Meat Packers!
Cont520

Team 8

Post by Cont520 »

Shooter wrote:I've got to get this off my chest and apologize for my smart azz mouth and comments.
After I calmed down, I started feeling cheap, like dirt, and sick to my stomach.
I ended up sleeping the afternoon away. I got up and came close to PMing Doug, and suggesting that maybe to let you guy's throw out Bigsho's birds, and just replace them with your others.
But once I crunched a few numbers, I realized it was not gonna change anything.

Again Robert, sorry for my comments.
Hey brother no hard feelings here it's all for fun along with the comments. We are 2 highly competitive people nothing at all wrong with that. Once again congrats to you guys you earned it !!!!

JWdob

Post by JWdob »

Whoa just saw this and really don't unerstand what went on......but come guys it is for FUN!

And if it means that much to you to win this contest ~ well maybe you are hunting for all the wrong reasons.....
Still proud to be a Team 8 member.....and I only posted one bird as the other 4 did not beat my first.....so maybe I am at fault too!

JW
Safe Hunting is No Accident!

Return to “2013 Gobbler Nation Turkey Hunting Contest”