stock or forearm repair

For all the Gobbler Nation "do-it-yourselfers".
pdqt

stock or forearm repair

Post by pdqt »

Benelli wood stock, new $400, repair crack in the one I have. I had read about thinning epoxy with acetone or {I used fingernail polish remover, but it is not pure acetone, acetone better}. I used slow set, 25 min. jb weld marine epoxy, rated 3900 lb, and super glue delayed setting epoxy, rated 2000 lb. I thinned both and tested them on strips of plywood about 1 1/2" wide to see if they would hold. I used the 2000 lb. it pulled the plywood apart in the middle, at factory glue. I thinned it enought to get into a syringe and needle as it was a hair line crack, and wanted to make sure it ran into all places. ONLY TIME WILL TELL THE TRUE STORY, but it looked good. DO YOUR OWN TESTING. And don't leave your gun on the dog box, and then drive off and throw it off in the middle of the hard surface road. :banghead:
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: stock or forearm repair

Post by Johndoe »

I can't count the number of times I have seen or heard of driving off with the gun on the truck instead of in the truck. I ran over my rifle with my 38" ground hawgs. Stock is cracked but still works. Bell and Carlson stocks are tough.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: stock or forearm repair

Post by Gobbler »

Thats why I switched to easy drinking Busch light in the hunter orange Dog hunter editions cans. It is mind clearing and guarantees no mistakes in the field. :mrgreen:

Return to “DIY”