Sourdough turtles

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Sourdough turtles

Post by GLS »

I had some last minute shopping last night before supper. When I returned, my wife was upset that my Britts had killed a turtle in our daughter’s former bedroom and were eating it on the floor. I opened the door and found most of what was left of the “turtle”. Abby has a black belt in counter surfing and I believe she must have stood on Willa’s back to get up on the counter to get at one of my sourdough boules on the cooling rack. The room was dark and my wife didn’t have on her glasses. “I wondered why there was no blood” she said after I gave my report.
I don’t know why I kept the decapitated boule as I think I’d get shot if I served it to her. We’ll eat the other tonight with some soup I made. For lunch I made a sourdough pizza topped with chants. To avoid a watery pizza, I precooked the chanterelle bits before cooking the pizza. Mushrooms release a lot of water cooking and sautéing them ahead of cooking the pizza removes a lot of water. Sourdough pizza crust is incredibly tasty with a great texture. I’m no Luigi when it comes to spinning pizza dough, and, yes, I’m one of the 50,000,000 that piddled and failed often with sourdough the last few months. Gil
Last edited by GLS on June 23rd, 2020, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Sourdough turtles

Post by howl »

Man, that looks good. I love a sourdough grilled cheese with no-heat jalapenos.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Dead turtle! 😆

Something my wife would think

Pizza looks good!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Post by 935 »

The bread and the pizza both look fantastic. The turtle story is an example of how easy it is to jump to conclusions.
Thank you Lord for creating these wonderful birds and allowing us to chase after them.

Return to “Camp Dinner”