Another Venison Supper

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Another Venison Supper

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Never thought brine would make a difference on venison
Today back strap brined seasoned pan seared to med rare. Carmelized onions, sal throws me outta kitchen she keeps secrets when doing them best carmelized onions ever had. She won't let me know. She makes these awesome taters with mil yukons, milk butter and high mountain garlic pepper seasoning seriously awesome. She makes mean loaded mAsh like these better. And a can bush beans
12179-01.jpeg
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Another Venison Supper

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Dangit!!! That looks good. You gotta try elk sometime.

I didn't take photos but I did antelope loin steaks in a cast iron skillet last night along side baked sweet potatoes and a kale salad. I prefer medium rare but had cut them a little too thin and got them to medium. They were still dang good. First antelope steaks I've eaten. We did tacos a few days ago and chill today both with ground antelope. We took pheasant and rice soup to church soup and chili feed this evening.

The antelope is significantly better than I expected.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

After watchin' pictures of all that delicious grub .. I gotta' git' some exercise before Thanksgiving Day now :banghead: :banghead: :thumbup: :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

Now that looks delicious! Only thing left on my plate would onions. I like onion flavor but can't handle the texture. And I'd be back for a second scoop of those taters.
Ultimate Predator

Return to “Camp Dinner”