Green Chile Curry Turkey

Redneck cuisine from the hunting camp.
WoodMoose

Green Chile Curry Turkey

Post by WoodMoose »

used some of the Thai Green Chile Curry street kitchen spices/marinade with some turkey thighs from the SC bird,,,,,,,dang good, :thumbup: ,,,,unfortunately failed to get pictures so no where NEAR the standard that has been set for this subforum,,,,but please forgive that transgression! :(

(I added a discussion of the Street Kitchen mixes below)

deboned the two turkey thighs and cut unto small bite sized pieces,,,,,,
mixed it with the spice packet, coconut milk, etc (per instructions on pack) and let sit in refrigerator for a few hours,,,,,

then took out, cooked per instructions in our wok with some small carrots slivers,,,,eaten with a serving of sticky rice,,,,,

loved it,,,,,,it was especially good the next day, warmed up, as it had time for the spices ect to really penetrate the meat,,,,

no pictures as I scarfed it to fast,,,,,maybe next time,,,,

I know a lot of folks just breast the birds,,,,but there is a lot of meat on the thighs and legs,,,,,,just saying!!

-----------------------------

Folks

do yourself a favor - try out the "Street Kitchen" seasoning / meal mixes with your favorite game animal,,,,,,,,you won't be disappointed.

I am a Thai/SE Asia food nut,,,,,,and the Street Kitchen versions taste just like I was at some small food stall in Kuala Lumpur or Chang Mai,,,,,,,,,

we add more meat than the recipe calls for as it's a might skimpy and there is plenty of seasoning for more,,,,,,,

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Street-Kitch ... z/52793356

full disclosure,,,,in Australia they had a recall with some of the ones that have coconut milk packets,,,,,
RapscallionVermilion

Re: Green Chile Curry Turkey

Post by RapscallionVermilion »

Sounds great. I'm sure it would go over real well in my house. Will have to give it a try.
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

Never had curry. I am sure it is good. Looks easy with the kit. Will need to look into it and give it a try
Yerple

Post by Yerple »

That sounds really good! I'll have to give it a try. I always keep the legs & thighs. Like you said lots of good meat there. I put 'em in a crockpot over night and the meat just falls off.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I always keep the meat from the breast, and keep the thighs and we have to keep the wing to the first joint all smokes up good. In Thailand "street chicken" is a house cat that has been run over and killed by a rickshaw.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
WoodMoose

Post by WoodMoose »

Grumpy wrote:I always keep the meat from the breast, and keep the thighs and we have to keep the wing to the first joint all smokes up good. In Thailand "street chicken" is a house cat that has been run over and killed by a rickshaw.

ate a lot of good food in Thailand,,,,most right out of the street markets,,,,,can't never say I thought any of it was cat!! Though the way they cook,,,doubt I would have cared!!

Return to “Camp Dinner”