In a delima .... Need advice quick

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
PreacherRitchie

In a delima .... Need advice quick

Post by PreacherRitchie »

Ok I bought the 870 20 guage youth model ... But today while in local gun shop I just had to pick up and try a new franchi affinity 20 guage ....compact model .. The length of pull can be adjusted out to 13 3/8 ... This gun is super light !!!!

The dilemma is I already have a benelli m2 12 guage and I love it
Should I buy the affinity 20 or go for another benelli m2 20

Decisions decisions ....
PreacherRitchie

Re: In a delima .... Need advice quick

Ps price on it is 859.99 before tax ...has anyone bought one do these lately is this comparable
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Buy both of them. Why put yourself through this kind of second guessing. :thumbup:
PreacherRitchie

I would love to Gobbler but I can only afford one ... I really like the feel of the infinity ... It is light as a feather for a auto loader
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

When I was in your position, I shot both guns, and held them both every time I went into a gun shop. It wasn't so difficult for me to decide. I initially wanted the M2, I had the money, and it just felt better. I wingshoot with the gun a lot, way more than I turkey hunt with it. If it had been strictly for turkey slaying, I would not have spent the extra cash. I have a hard time justifying a $1300 expenditure on a gun that I will only hunt with for a month or so. I think the Affinity is a fine shotgun and would make a heckuva turkey killer. If money is not a concern, go with the M2. If it's just gonna be a turkey killer, go with the Affinity and use the extra money on TSS. That's my vote!
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

PreacherRitchie wrote:I would love to Gobbler but I can only afford one ... I really like the feel of the infinity ... It is light as a feather for a auto loader
Have you held, or shot, the M2 20??? If not, do so.
Spurcollecta

Post by Spurcollecta »

Both are nice. Buy what makes you happy
Spurcollecta

Post by Spurcollecta »

Waddle Whacker wrote:
PreacherRitchie wrote:I would love to Gobbler but I can only afford one ... I really like the feel of the infinity ... It is light as a feather for a auto loader
Have you held, or shot, the M2 20??? If not, do so.
I agree
PreacherRitchie

Hey waddle whacked I have a m2 now 21 inch barrell and love it ... I'm just getting into the 20 guage scene .... The me I'm looking at is a compact model 24 inch barrell that length of pull can be adjusted out to 13 3/8 still about a inch short of the standard affinity ...
el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by el diablo »

Waddle Whacker wrote:When I was in your position, I shot both guns, and held them both every time I went into a gun shop. It wasn't so difficult for me to decide. I initially wanted the M2, I had the money, and it just felt better. I wingshoot with the gun a lot, way more than I turkey hunt with it. If it had been strictly for turkey slaying, I would not have spent the extra cash. I have a hard time justifying a $1300 expenditure on a gun that I will only hunt with for a month or so. I think the Affinity is a fine shotgun and would make a heckuva turkey killer. If money is not a concern, go with the M2. If it's just gonna be a turkey killer, go with the Affinity and use the extra money on TSS. That's my vote!
I concur.
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

PreacherRitchie wrote:Hey waddle whacked I have a m2 now 21 inch barrell and love it ... I'm just getting into the 20 guage scene .... The me I'm looking at is a compact model 24 inch barrell that length of pull can be adjusted out to 13 3/8 still about a inch short of the standard affinity ...
Sounds like you're wanting that Affinity! I don't think you can go wrong with either. LOP was not an issue for me. The M2 fits me like a dream @ 14-3/8". Look around on this site. A bunch of guys shoot the M2, not as many shoot the Affinity. I think the answer you will recieve most often when you ask if you should buy an M2 20 is...heck yeah, do it, buy two of em, and so on... There's a reason for that. If I had the cash, I'd get the M2. If needing an adjustable LOP is your biggest concern, maybe you should go with the Affinity. Like I said, I don't think you can go wrong either way. Hold em, shoot em, and pick the one you like best!
PreacherRitchie

Here is one more dumb question ...... I will drill and tap whatever gun I buy for a red dot sight .... Probably a eotech since I've never had one ... ? Is has any one done anything shooting with a eotech ... Or I could just rake it off after each turkey season ? I'm just getting in to duck hunting also , I've hunted dove a lot and never used any sights just instinctive .........

I saw some guys duck hunting wth eotechs on there shotguns is this normal or just ...eotech giving people money to use there products ...
honker22

Post by honker22 »

I have a Franchi Affinity and love it. I use it for dove and duck hunting.

I also have an eotech but I have transformed my youth 870 into my primary turkey gun, so I put the eotech on it. I've never wing shot with it on. I don't think it would be a huge problem taking the eotech on and off, but you will still have the rail tapped on to the gun. If you have a laser bore sight- the eotech will pretty much be dead on with that. Shoot a few dove loads and then 1 turkey load for confidence.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

PreacherRitchie wrote:Here is one more dumb question ...... I will drill and tap whatever gun I buy for a red dot sight .... Probably a eotech since I've never had one ... ? Is has any one done anything shooting with a eotech ... Or I could just rake it off after each turkey season ? I'm just getting in to duck hunting also , I've hunted dove a lot and never used any sights just instinctive .........

I saw some guys duck hunting wth eotechs on there shotguns is this normal or just ...eotech giving people money to use there products ...
Please continue to wingshoot instinctively. Don't wingshoot with an Eotech, or any holo sight for that matter. You shouldn't even see a bead when you wingshoot, much less should you be focusing on a holographic red dot. We "aim" at turkeys, we "point" at other flying things. I don't know anything about adding and removing optics every spring. Seems like a PITA, but do-able.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Have you asked the Good Lord what he shoots ? :LMAO:
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
PreacherRitchie

Lol Grumpy I will now friend
el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by el diablo »

Waddle Whacker wrote:When I was in your position, I shot both guns, and held them both every time I went into a gun shop. It wasn't so difficult for me to decide. I initially wanted the M2, I had the money, and it just felt better. I wingshoot with the gun a lot, way more than I turkey hunt with it. If it had been strictly for turkey slaying, I would not have spent the extra cash. I have a hard time justifying a $1300 expenditure on a gun that I will only hunt with for a month or so. I think the Affinity is a fine shotgun and would make a heckuva turkey killer. If money is not a concern, go with the M2. If it's just gonna be a turkey killer, go with the Affinity and use the extra money on TSS. That's my vote!
I concur.
PreacherRitchie

Diablo I might have to sell my m2 12
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Make the 870 your turkey slayer. Buy the auto you want and do your wing shooting.
I really think they should be different guns. I am at a place where I have 4 870s. 2 12s one for deer and one for turkeys. Deer one shoots TSS buckshot and was a $20 raffle win. 12 I hardly carry.
2 20s both turkey guns one for me and one for kids or guests.
A-5 12 for wing shooting.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
PreacherRitchie

Good point johndoe
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Just get the M2 20! You will never ever regret it ! I bought one 2 years ago & liked it so much I bought another one for my grandson who is now 5 ! :thumbup:
TS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by TS »

Franchi makes one of the best shotguns on the market and are way under rated. Go with the Franchi and you will love it I assure you.
"Better being 30 minutes early than 5 minutes late"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

From what I gather on turkey and fowl boards they are both fine 20 gauge autoloaders.. If money is not the underlying motive I would purchase whatever fits and feels you best..
N2deer

Post by N2deer »

Just get one of each.

Honestly sounds like you have already made up your mind what you want.
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

just buy one and post up a pic. :mrgreen:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING

Return to “Gun Talk”