Mossy Oak Gun Wrap

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Mossy Oak Gun Wrap

Post by jsh909 »

Any of you guys ever try one of the vinyl wraps from Mossy Oak? Was thinking about trying one. With everything that's happening in the US right now, I don't want to risk shipping my gun out to get dipped and hoping to get it back before season. I can get it dipped later when there is no risk and no rush.

https://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/shotgu ... o-gun-skin
kythunter

Re: Mossy Oak Gun Wrap

Post by kythunter »

I've put mossy oak wraps on 2 of my shotguns and they both turned out really good. For the money they can't be beat. They look good and the material is tough.
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

So in your opinion it will hold up for the season as long as nothing crazy happens?
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

jsh909 wrote: March 24th, 2020, 9:04 am So in your opinion it will hold up for the season as long as nothing crazy happens?
Yes sir absolutely buddy. I'm kind of rough on my guns with crawling and this and that just hunting you know and the mossy oak wraps holds up. Have not had an one issue.
No peeling or fading. One gun has had the wrap for probably 4 years still looks the same as day one. Supposedly you can peel the wrap off if you need to but I haven't needed to.
I'd say you would have to heat it up with a heat gun since that's how you apply it.
Trustyrusty

Post by Trustyrusty »

I didn't want mossy oak so I ordered a gun skins wrap yesterday morning. Same thing really just a bunch of different camo.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

kythunter wrote: March 24th, 2020, 10:05 am
jsh909 wrote: March 24th, 2020, 9:04 am So in your opinion it will hold up for the season as long as nothing crazy happens?
Yes sir absolutely buddy. I'm kind of rough on my guns with crawling and this and that just hunting you know and the mossy oak wraps holds up. Have not had an one issue.
No peeling or fading. One gun has had the wrap for probably 4 years still looks the same as day one. Supposedly you can peel the wrap off if you need to but I haven't needed to.
I'd say you would have to heat it up with a heat gun since that's how you apply it.
Great, thanks for the info. Have you ever noticed any signs of rust underneath. Probably kind of tough to tell I guess
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

jsh909 wrote: March 24th, 2020, 10:28 am
kythunter wrote: March 24th, 2020, 10:05 am
Great, thanks for the info. Have you ever noticed any signs of rust underneath. Probably kind of tough to tell I guess
No I haven't noticed any signs of rust but I haven't looked either because I don't want to peal back the wrap. I doubt if rust would be an issue.
HarleyRiders97

Post by HarleyRiders97 »

I was lucky to have a hydro-dipper in the next town from me in PA. When you get it done it's worth it...
Mossberg.JPG
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

kythunter wrote: March 24th, 2020, 10:34 am
jsh909 wrote: March 24th, 2020, 10:28 am
kythunter wrote: March 24th, 2020, 10:05 am Yes sir absolutely buddy. I'm kind of rough on my guns with crawling and this and that just hunting you know and the mossy oak wraps holds up. Have not had an one issue.
No I haven't noticed any signs of rust but I haven't looked either because I don't want to peal back the wrap. I doubt if rust would be an issue.
Sounds good, thanks for your time and responses. I appreciate it.
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

HarleyRiders97 wrote: March 24th, 2020, 11:00 am I was lucky to have a hydro-dipper in the next town from me in PA. When you get it done it's worth it...Mossberg.JPG
I have had guns dipped, that's what I am going to do. But with the hysteria surrounding this Corona virus I ran out of time. This is just until I can get it done.

Return to “Gun Talk”