Maine loves subgauges

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Maine loves subgauges

Post by Hoobilly »

Now legalized !
Attachments
00FAC697-1A69-4973-B55D-B6DB865DBDDA.jpeg
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Maine loves subgauges

Post by Southern Sportsman »

Glad they legalized sub-gauges, but that is the most poorly thought out/written regulation I have ever read. So you are only allowed to use 20 gauge and larger using single-size pellets no smaller than SIXES, and nothing smaller than 7s even in a blend.

But you can use “gauges 10 through 28, including .410” with shot sizes down to 9s in TSS. Never mind that .410s are not, by definition, included within “gauges 10 through 28.”

I see what they are doing, but they really need someone new writing their regulations.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Southern Sportsman wrote: August 14th, 2019, 11:46 am Glad they legalized sub-gauges, but that is the most poorly thought out/written regulation I have ever read. So you are only allowed to use 20 gauge and larger using single-size pellets no smaller than SIXES, and nothing smaller than 7s even in a blend.

But you can use “gauges 10 through 28, including .410” with shot sizes down to 9s in TSS. Never mind that .410s are not, by definition, included within “gauges 10 through 28.”

I see what they are doing, but they really need someone new writing their regulations.
I agree

someone doesn't know the benefits of tungsten or why its needed in bigger gauges

swampchicken

Post by swampchicken »

So they are limiting tss shot sizes to be 7-9 kinda glad to see that they are not allowing tss in larger shot sizes.
Prohunter3509

Post by Prohunter3509 »

Been watching that
I am heading that way in may
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

swampchicken wrote: August 14th, 2019, 2:26 pm So they are limiting tss shot sizes to be 7-9 kinda glad to see that they are not allowing tss in larger shot sizes.
which is very smart..

4's in tss would be bad to get hit with at any range in the turkey woods

Jamey

Post by Jamey »

Southern Sportsman wrote: August 14th, 2019, 11:46 am Glad they legalized sub-gauges, but that is the most poorly thought out/written regulation I have ever read. So you are only allowed to use 20 gauge and larger using single-size pellets no smaller than SIXES, and nothing smaller than 7s even in a blend.

I don't get your concern...they allow all size of shotguns with TSS 7-9 ...I don't see where they are leaving the 20 ga out of that.
aristico

Post by aristico »

It makes perfect sense...if you are using anything that isnt tss you can only use up to a straight six or something mixed with 7....like hevishot or lead.....you arent allowed to use anything smaller than a 20 unless you are shooting tss

If you are using tss you go down to a nine with any gauge you choose to use....
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

Jamey wrote: August 14th, 2019, 9:25 pm

I don't get your concern...they allow all size of shotguns with TSS 7-9 ...I don't see where they are leaving the 20 ga out of that.
I didn’t say they were leaving 20s out. I understand the rule, but it is very poorly worded IMO and as written will cause confusion.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly

Return to “Gun Talk”