Trs25 on Mossberg, rattle fix

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Trs25 on Mossberg, rattle fix

Post by howl »

I stuck the sight on using an AimTech Rib Rider. The dot is plenty bright. The battery compartment has an impressive spring capture system to hold the battery. I do not care for the way the lens stands proud of the sight body. Anything touches it leaves a mark and you can see it in bright light. Plenty fine for a backup gun if it holds up. I haven't put a heavy load through with it yet. For $40 it won't be beat if it works out.

The rattle fix works. The only noise you hear is the magazine spring if you shake it hard. It does make cycling the action more difficult.
0728191453.jpg
0728191500a.jpg
0728191451_Burst01.jpg
0728191450-1.jpg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Trs25 on Mossberg, rattle fix

Post by Hoobilly »

looks good! hope that lil sight works good and holds up. cheap gun cheap site and expensive ammo kills them. be a good combo
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Rem Man

Post by Rem Man »

It looks like you purchased the knock off of the bushnell trs25. I have 5 of them and they are great sights! I know that all of mine have inverted glass like most red dots. The knock off usually has this issue and comes in a white box. I was told by bushnell to be very careful because there is a pile of fake models.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Hmm. Got any more details on that? This one came from Amazon in a normal-looking Bushnell box.
Rem Man

Post by Rem Man »

I do know that bushnell has all inverted/tilted glass in this particular sight. I have a friend that received one just like yours in a bushnell box also. You can call bushnell tomorrow and give them the serial number from the sight and they will know for sure. I have never seen the original for under $56-58.
Rem Man

Post by Rem Man »

I also forgot to mention the remitter on these sights when looking through it should be in the 5-6 o’clock position. It looks like a small box behind the lens.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Will check. Thanks.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

My felt must have been a little thinner on my Mossy as I didn't notice a change in operating the slide. Gil
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Can't say I spent much time on it. The most I've shot that gun over the past several years is to check it before a trip. Shot it yesterday and caught myself trying to disengage the safety at the front of the trigger guard.
okiefowler

Post by okiefowler »

Ran my trs 25 this year for turkey and have ran probobly 20 rounds of slugs at pigs with it. Has held zero this far.

On a really bright day I found that I cant shoot it with sun glasses on or I cant see the dot. My only complaint at this point.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Switched over to a rifle. Windage adjustment took a dump. Exchanged it. I like the sight. Just don't know what it is good for yet. I'll report back if it manages to get zeroed with full house turkey loads.

Return to “Gun Talk”