Browning tss

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Leadchunker

Browning tss

Post by Leadchunker »

Are the browning 3" 20 gauge TSS loads a true 3" shell or are they longer like the federal TSS and Winchester Longbeard thanks
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Browning tss

Post by Southern Sportsman »

I think they are all “true” 3” shells. 3” represents the length of the hull when open. Roll crimped shells are often longer (unfired) than a fold crimped shell with a similar load, but they are still a true 3” shell/hull. Somebody may be able to tell you the overall length of an unfired 3” Browning for comparison to the others.

I’m guessing you trying to avoid cycling issues with an M2 or similar auto?
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
Leadchunker

Post by Leadchunker »

Yes I was thinking of getting a Franchi affinity 20 gauge but don't want that. Issue as I don't reload
870 Shooter

Post by 870 Shooter »

The longbeards are actually trimmed down from a 3". I had a fired one and compared it to a 3" new fio and it was shorter. I cant remember how much and I used to have a picture but I deleted it. The roll crimp makes them a little longer than the fold crimp shell which causes some autos not to cycle them.

Return to “Gun Talk”