Forcing cone?

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
-DIRTNAP-

Forcing cone?

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

Has anyone lengthened their forcing cone and what were your results. Thought about doing it to my m2
jasperjet

Re: Forcing cone?

Post by jasperjet »

mostly it makes you feel better. Maybe a little less felt recoil the subject has been thoroughly covered on the interweb. Yes I have lengthened a few forcing cones. On an m2 it takes a special carbide reamer because the bore is flash chrome plated.It probably wont make anything worse.
202P&Y

Post by 202P&Y »

Couldn't tell a difference on my M2 20ga. If I had to do over I wouldn't.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Greenheadrocker

Post by Greenheadrocker »

Cant tell a difference on my m1 20. Dont think I'll do it on another either.
taylorjones20

Post by taylorjones20 »

Made a positive difference on my SBE2 but it hurt my patterns tremendously on my M2 20ga. If I could go back I would not have done it on the 20.
VALongbeard

Post by VALongbeard »

IMO,
It totally depends on what you are going to shoot through the shotgun. If you are shooting lead shells, there will be a minimal gain typically lengthening the cone. It helps to keep the lead shot from deforming when passing from the transition, and you may see a slight difference in recoil.

However, if you are shooting any of the tungsten or hevishot varieties, do not do it. It is a waste of time and money because these shot types do not deform like lead, as they are much harder. Just my two cents.......
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

Makes sense. Think I will keep my money in my pocket lol

Return to “Gun Talk”