Anyone tried nitro tss

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
-DIRTNAP-

Anyone tried nitro tss

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

Anyone tried nitro tss curious how it shot compared to apex federal and browning. That 3" 8x9 1230fps is peaking my interest
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Anyone tried nitro tss

Post by Southern Sportsman »

I think in the past Nitro Co. shells have been notorious for coming in over safe pressures. I would be leery.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

I knew they had a problem awhile ago but do they still?
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

?
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

Honestly I have no idea. It is my understanding that the 12 and 13 g/cc shot they got famous with is more difficult to work with as far as pressure is concerned. So the TSS loads may be fine. And they may have fixed their issues and may now be a model of consistency. But I know people who had primers blow out of hulls and I know some of there shells were sent for pressure testing by consumers and came back well over safe levels. So I’m just leery of their loads now, especially since there are several alternatives available.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
-DIRTNAP-

Post by -DIRTNAP- »

Ic I wasn't aware of this
Tide11

Post by Tide11 »

I hunt with it. I use the 20 gauge load and a 12 gauge load from them. Haven’t seen any signs of pressure. It is definitely a hot load. Great patterns though.

Return to “Gun Talk”