Mossberg 500A 12 Gauge Turkey Chokes

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
mntntrkr

Mossberg 500A 12 Gauge Turkey Chokes

Post by mntntrkr »

So I searched this sight trying to see and previous threads regarding my question, but was not able to find anything. I have a Mossberg 500A currently fitted with a Patternmaster turkey choke shooting Longbeard XR #4 as my primary turkey set-up. As I'm always trying to improve any aspect of my turkey hunting capability I found myself wondering is this the best performance I can get out of my gun? TSS seems to be all the rage, but is typically out of stock, so I was looking into options to improve my pattern down range, and possibly shooting distance with more readily available and affordable loads and/or chokes.

Some extra background information, I haven't patterned this gun with too many different loads and chokes because my overall result at the range was good with this current set-up. Initially I have only tried Kent Ultimate Diamond Shot and Longbeard XR in different sizes with the patternmaster, stock full choke, and a red head turkey choke. Anyway I figured I would see what other guys have had luck with in loads and chokes trying to improve their pattern on this gun.
Gobbler28

Re: Mossberg 500A 12 Gauge Turkey Chokes

Post by Gobbler28 »

Have you thought about loading your own TSS?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Indian Creek and the Longbeards in #5 would be easy and cheaper than TSS. But if you want the ultimate TSS is the absolute way to go.

If you want to try some TSS send me a PM
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
SumToy

Post by SumToy »

660 to 665 with the Winchester. 665 to 670 with the TSS. Now the Federal TSS will take little different on last year shells the test are not out on the New one that is coming.
mntntrkr

Post by mntntrkr »

Loading TSS would be a great idea. I don't currently have the stuff to do that, but it would definitely be worth it. I may take a look again at the choke constriction I'm currently using for now and check that out with the xr and see the direction this new TSS will go with the new ones coming out. I appreciate all the feedback from you guys.

Return to “Gun Talk”