H&R Model 1871 pump shotgun

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

H&R Model 1871 pump shotgun

Post by Grumpy »

I traded an old Stevens 520A pump 16 ga. today for a brand new H&R 20 ga. wooden stock Pardner pump shotgun. It is quit the gun for the money, total of 40 inches long and had a threaded barrel for interchangeable chokes.
The website says that Mossberg and Winchester chokes fit into this gun, it came with a MOD. choke so I already ordered a FULL choke for it off Ebay. I traded for it for my grandson's birthday coming up next week and he loves it so after we do some pattern testing with the FULL choke we may try some turkey chokes in it . We plan on going out to my "honey hole" this fall and see if he can get his first turkey with it.
If anyone is looking for what appears to be a good youth size shotgun at around $175 new in the box, don't over look this Pardner pump, it has a very smooth action and shoots the 3 inch shells too.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: H&R Model 1871 pump shotgun

Post by Hognutz »

Looks like you came out pretty good on that deal, Grumpy! Your Grandson is gonna love it!
Good luck with the fall hunt!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Your grandson is gonna love it!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

We got one because the girl all of a sudden decided she wanted both a shotgun and a deer rifle for Christmas, nothing else on her list. That one fit the budget. They are solidly built with weight enough to soak up the recoil.

Return to “Gun Talk”