Browning A5 ?

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
campcreekfarm

Browning A5 ?

Post by campcreekfarm »

I have an old Browning A5. It has a 30" fixed full choke barrel. Is it possible to get this barrel cut down and threaded for chokes? If so any recommendations?
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Browning A5 ?

Post by Turkinator »

On Mike Orlen's website he gives the od requirements for choke tubes. I'm sending an A5 20ga barrel to him in the near future.
SumToy

Post by SumToy »

We have did a few. It is a fine line with them. Check the to OD of the barrel. If it is .825 or bigger it can be did.
coconut

Post by coconut »

I think the Japan smooth bore “buck barrel” would work excellent. I had one done before I discovered tss. I wish I would of kept it. It was 24 inches and briley did it. They sent 3 extended chokes with it. Only problem I had with it was the rifle sights were to fine for me. If I still had it I would try and add fiber optic replacement sights.
coconut

Post by coconut »

If you do get it done please post some pattern pictures
campcreekfarm

Post by campcreekfarm »

SumToy wrote: March 15th, 2018, 10:18 pm We have did a few. It is a fine line with them. Check the to OD of the barrel. If it is .825 or bigger it can be did.
I will check today. Wish I had discussed this with you yesterday when I ordered a choke tube. Thanks.

Return to “Gun Talk”