Federal Heavyweight

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Federal Heavyweight

Post by HunterGKS »

I decided to do a little research, not that I didn't believe all y'all, but I always like to verify before I buy.

Federal has, in fact, discontinued the heavyweight loads. I have been using the 3" #7s since 2007 if not earlier
& love them. I went searching to stock up & almost every site I went to was out. I did find them at:

Able Ammo

I ordered 10 boxe. So, with what I already have, I should be good for many years.

If anyone needs some, you might want to get in now before they run out.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Federal Heavyweight

Post by turkeyinstrut »

If it was 20 ga. you were looking for there was a guy on that "Other Site" that had them for 18.00 a box (I think) and if I ain't mistaken he had 20 boxes.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

turkeyinstrut wrote: January 20th, 2018, 4:29 pm If it was 20 ga. you were looking for there was a guy on that "Other Site" that had them for 18.00 a box (I think) and if I ain't mistaken he had 20 boxes.
Thx. I use 12 ga. Maybe somebody else will see this. From my perspective, it's a damned shame Fed is discontinuing the heavyweight.

I've never shot TSS. Taking that into consideration, the Fed HW 7s are the best load I've ever shot.
George

turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

HunterGKS wrote: January 20th, 2018, 5:51 pm
turkeyinstrut wrote: January 20th, 2018, 4:29 pm If it was 20 ga. you were looking for there was a guy on that "Other Site" that had them for 18.00 a box (I think) and if I ain't mistaken he had 20 boxes.
Thx. I use 12 ga. Maybe somebody else will see this. From my perspective, it's a damned shame Fed is discontinuing the heavyweight.

I've never shot TSS. Taking that into consideration, the Fed HW 7s are the best load I've ever shot.
I think you would be impressed with the TSS, I know I sure was.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

turkeyinstrut wrote: January 20th, 2018, 6:48 pm
HunterGKS wrote: January 20th, 2018, 5:51 pm

I think you would be impressed with the TSS, I know I sure was.
A lot of people have told me that. I'm 1 of those guys would finds something that works & sticks with it until it doesn't.
Besides, I'm a cheap sob & have enough HW to last probably beyond how long I'll be able to hunt & won't change until
I run out, if'n I'm still kickin'.

I started out with an 1100 & Rem 4x6 2 3/4" about 35 years ago. When I went to the 11-87 in 1998, I got 3" 4x6 & wasn't
completely happy. I tried other loads over the years with less than stellar results. That's when I went to an IC & the 3" Fed 7s
& haven't looked back.
George

howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I was still using the heavyweight in my 20. If it had not been discontinued I would still.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

I have shot the heavyweights in my 20 and they did real good.
dsunday

Post by dsunday »

Rogers sporting goods still has them
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
Fl strutter

Post by Fl strutter »

Long beards and heavyshot #7 did better in my 12 than heavyweight 7s. After I loaded and shot 8.5s and 8s tss I'll never shoot anything else as long as I can get it. Just try it and you'll be the same way.
WoodMoose

Post by WoodMoose »

I like the Federal HW #7s - to bad they are stopping them, but just ordered me a case "just in case"

thanks

Return to “Gun Talk”