Best high visibility turkey head targets

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Tidewater Tom

Best high visibility turkey head targets

Post by Tidewater Tom »

I've been looking at turkey targets and I'd like to get some of those black ones that have the holes that show different bright colors around the shot holes. Who makes those so I can try them out? I know there are different ones, just looking for the one I may like the best. I'd like to buy a few brands, shoot them, and compare. Pictures of shot targets are appreciated. :thumbright:
decoykrvr

Re: Best high visibility turkey head targets

Post by decoykrvr »

Birchwood Casey makes a black gobbler target and a true gobbler photo target, both with their Shoot-N-See high-vis feature. The photo targets have been in short supply due to their use by Winchester in promoting their turkey loads, but are life-size and the best on the market.
Tidewater Tom

Post by Tidewater Tom »

decoykrvr wrote:Birchwood Casey makes a black gobbler target and a true gobbler photo target, both with their Shoot-N-See high-vis feature. The photo targets have been in short supply due to their use by Winchester in promoting their turkey loads, but are life-size and the best on the market.
Thanks!
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Walmart has the 12x18 Pregame turkey head targets by Birchwood Casey for $7.99/8, which is the best price I've seen. The Shoot-N-C target is black and the pellet hits appear bright yellow. On the gobbler photo Pregame target the pellet hits are different colors on the target based upon where the pellets impact. You can see the Pregame targets on the Winchester site marketing their various turkey loads. I really like the Birchwood Casey targets, especially since I get all of mine free. I am the Birchwood Casey Medical Manufacturer's Sales Representative for my state. Free is Good!!! With that said they are great targets!!!!
gobblegobblegobble

Post by gobblegobblegobble »

Personally, I don't like those ones that show the color around the pellets. It makes the "impact" bigger than it is, giving you the illusion of a hit when you may have missed the spine by 1/8". They should make the targets with the skull/vertebrae outline on the flip side so you can see what it's REALLY doing.

Personally, I just use a very small "X" on a large piece of wrapping paper. I mean just a mark so you can find it later on when you look for it up close. Put a brightly colored post-it note over the "X". Shoot at the post-it note.

Remove the post-it note, and look (without any other visual cues such as a bullseye) for the center of the pattern. Then it's easy to see how far, and in what direction, you need to move the core of the pattern to be dead-on.

Return to “Gun Talk”