Stoeger

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
PALongspur

Stoeger

Post by PALongspur »

Looking for some feedback on their double guns.

I've been wanting a nice, workhorse SxS for ducks and maybe the occasional nostalgic fall turkey hunt. I'm considering the Longfowler model.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Stoeger

Post by howl »

Same here. I had it for that Longfowler until I handled one. It's a big gun and..let's just say it doesn't handle like a little AyA, etc.
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

I had one in 12 ga, while it handled well the one I had did not shoot poi from both barrels
Now mine was just one gun so it may not be the trend .
I have the Stevens 555 in 28 and 410 and both shoot very true for O/U.
Swampchickin234

Post by Swampchickin234 »

Cousin of mine has the over and under....it's a shooter in a 20 ga, but again, maybe he got lucky. I too would check out the Stevens or a yildiz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uncle Nicky

Post by Uncle Nicky »

I don't have the Longfowler but I do have a 12-gauge Uplander SXS. I've had it about 10 years, NO complaint whatsoever. Great beater shotgun that fires every time and hits what I aim it at. I mostly use it for squirrels, pheasants, and deer drives, but I don't see why it wouldn't work as a turkey gun as long as you kept your shots reasonably close. I like the fact that you can change chokes, the older SXS I grew up with were fixed chokes only.

Return to “Gun Talk”