The days are getting shorter.

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
allaboutshooting

Post by allaboutshooting »

The days are getting shorter, for all of us. No matter when you were born or how old you are, the time we have here is not as long as it used to be.

I become more aware of this every year and with every development in life. This journey is nearing an end.

I try to enjoy every day and hope you do as well. Life is too short to hold grudges, try to hurt others or do anything that is not productive and hopefully, friendly.

So, that being said, what would you really like to do, who would you like to spend some time with, if you knew that you had only a few months left?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."
KPcalls

Re: The days are getting shorter.

Post by KPcalls »

Very true Clark...I realized this when I got my AARP membership offer in the mail a few months back. I do have three young boys that keep me going....To answer your question I would spend as much time as I could with friends and family while I plan my ultimate trip. They can then follow me up the eastern side of the country starting in Florida to watch the dogwoods bloom and the osceola's and easterns flop as I continue north.... :thumbup:
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

So true... I'd want to complete my slam...spend time with friends and family too...
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

Id have to say my pap,he's right around 80 years old.Cuts a load of wood everyday.

If I have had a last hunt it would be with pap on open day of rifle season or a spring turkey hunt with the only buddy I hunt with.

I thought about this in the spring when I put a stock on a bird and killed it...If I could of had anyone with me it would of been my buddy and I told him that.

Seems like yesterday,me and pap would stay at he camp..Id like to have those days back.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

I would like to head out on the open road with my wife. Wherever that road might lead us. I would like to also like to spend some time with Billy Graham.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

If I knew I only had a few months left, I'd want to spend as much time as possible with family and dear friends. It might include a hunt or two, but only in the context of sharing it.
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

I would spend as much time as I could with my family & close friends BUT I would really like to have my son Rick back with me to enjoy this great earth.

Return to “Gun Talk”