Merriams

The official Grand Slam discussion area.
Shenderson64

Merriams

Post by Shenderson64 »

Im wanting to start workin on my slam an been tryin to decide what state would be best for me to hunt for Merriams. I'd really like to just hunt public land. Any of you fellas done any huntin for merriams on public land, an would possibly help me out with a little info? Id appreciate it!
stsm1009

Re: Merriams

Post by stsm1009 »

I have went to South Dakota (Black Hills) twice. I have had a blast each time. Only one Merriam to show for it, but the trips were awesome! Memories were made. I’m in Florida and will be going back in the next year or two.
nick.sebald

Post by nick.sebald »

stsm1009 wrote:I have went to South Dakota (Black Hills) twice. I have had a blast each time. Only one Merriam to show for it, but the trips were awesome! Memories were made. I’m in Florida and will be going back in the next year or two.
Would you be able give me some advice about the black hills? Im in MN and want to maybe do a trip to the black hills.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Realwarrior

Post by Realwarrior »

It depends. Are you wanting to do the same in the same season or break it up? Also where are you from? Part sleep is as much logistics as hunting, especially if you plan on doing same season.
Okiehunter

Merriams

Post by Okiehunter »

Northwest Nebraska is where I went this season and it was a great time. Lots a WMA’s and National forest to hunt. Took me 3 days to kill a bird and was on birds the first morning. The key is to get ahead on them. Just seen how old this post was. I’m a few years late it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

I mainly hunt mountain birds, I averaged 12-14 miles per day on my feet. Drove hundreds more, they are not in every canyon and travel!
Okiehunter

Post by Okiehunter »

That’s a fact. I put 29 miles on in two full days and one morning hunt. I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to head out west again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Gobbler Nation Grand Slams”