Osceolla & Possible Rio

The official Grand Slam discussion area.
Hook Daddy

Osceolla & Possible Rio

Post by Hook Daddy »

Hey guys I want to get started now on the last 2 legs of my grand slam. Of course I'm on a pretty tight budget & time of work. But that being said I want a very reparable outfitter or individual private land or Ranch that allows trespass fees by the day. I really want to get the limit 2 osceolla and @ least 2-3 rios, as I probable will go back but lord only when that will be. i'm not gonna attempt PL unless I could tag along w/ someone in a low pressure area, I was working in florida a few months and tried bow hunting deer major mistake they (idiots) came out of the wood work if they weren't running up n down the road they were going offroading down the trails, an drinking. info will be greatly appreciated.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Osceolla & Possible Rio

Post by howl »

No kidding. I seen things in FL, man. I SEEN THINGS. Never again.
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

I'm thinking that Osceola's and budget friendly don't go together. Especially for 2 of them.

Rios are becoming increasingly more expensive to hunt as the "Strut Commander" type tv shows continue to promote turkey hunting and its spread to the wide open west.

From my experience, you get what you pay for. Quality hunting experiences are not cheap.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Jstocks wrote: May 24th, 2018, 7:13 pm I'm thinking that Osceola's and budget friendly don't go together. Especially for 2 of them.

Rios are becoming increasingly more expensive to hunt as the "Strut Commander" type tv shows continue to promote turkey hunting and its spread to the wide open west.

From my experience, you get what you pay for. Quality hunting experiences are not cheap.
RIGHTTTTT
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hook Daddy

Post by Hook Daddy »

I know I'm going to have to spent some money going to a decent place, just trying to keep cost down as much as I can. I should have worded that better. Thanks but on Osceolla I just want to know where everyone has went w/ good success and experiences.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Hook Daddy wrote: June 8th, 2018, 5:28 pm I should have worded that better. Thanks but on Osceolla I just want to know where everyone has went w/ good success and experiences.
If I told ya that I'd have to kill ya !! ;)
dsunday

Post by dsunday »

howl wrote: May 24th, 2018, 6:58 pm No kidding. I seen things in FL, man. I SEEN THINGS. Never again.
What did you see?
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

If you want to get your Osceola get a hold of "Hookspur" on here or Tom Weddle "Doc" on Facebook. Kansas for your Rio.. Tons of birds on WIHA and people are very nice if you knock on doors (Glasco - Glen Elder WMA) Good Luck! Do you have your Merriam's???
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Fatmo wrote: June 9th, 2018, 1:16 pm If you want to get your Osceola get a hold of "Hookspur" on here or Tom Weddle "Doc" on Facebook. Kansas for your Rio.. Tons of birds on WIHA and people are very nice if you knock on doors (Glasco - Glen Elder WMA) Good Luck! Do you have your Merriam's???
Just got an email from Doc this am and it appears he's got room in 2019 for a few Osceola hunter's yet & ask him about a Rio and he may be able to help you out also ;)
PM me if you need his info..
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

We get 1650 one Osceola semi guided lodging no meals and I feel we are really fair priced for Osceola.

I and sal coulda easily finished our slam after hunters were gone, but 24 straight 4am wakeups. Nah
dsunday

Post by dsunday »

Check out red river valley outfitters for the rios
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

dsunday wrote: June 9th, 2018, 11:08 am
howl wrote: May 24th, 2018, 6:58 pm No kidding. I seen things in FL, man. I SEEN THINGS. Never again.
What did you see?
Oh, I hunted Spring and Fall down there awhile. I got stories. I drove around a curve one time in a WMA and saw a dude pointing a shotgun at me. He put it down in the bed of his truck and went back to looking like he was just hanging out. I saw a couple more of those on my drive to get the heck outta there. Heckuva a way to deer hunt.

Short turkey story: I was floating down a creek in a canoe way back in the Ocala, listening for gobblers when I met up with a couple dudes and their pit bull. They were in a john boat with a surface drive. They weren't dressed for hunting, but they did have a tactical style shotgun in the boat. I don't think they were hunting turkeys. I do think having a shotgun of my own was a good thing that day. Same day I saw my first coral snake, actually.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I grew up turkey hunting in South and Central Florida in the 60's and 70's. I once had an airboat with two people ride by me in a pasture while I was on the edge of an oak hammock turkey hunting. Nothing odd about that, except it was two miles to the nearest water. :lol:
Last edited by guesswho on June 9th, 2018, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Cassandra Botil

Post by Cassandra Botil »

dsunday wrote: June 9th, 2018, 3:15 pm Check out red river valley outfitters for the rios
Tried to trace it back and get it but no avail!
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

Cassandra Botil wrote: September 29th, 2021, 8:15 am
dsunday wrote: June 9th, 2018, 3:15 pm Check out red river valley outfitters for the rios
Thread is 3 years old, they may not be outfitting anymore
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

jsh909 wrote: September 29th, 2021, 4:53 pm
Especially after C19
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
jsh909
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by jsh909 »

hoobilly wrote: September 29th, 2021, 8:31 pm
jsh909 wrote: September 29th, 2021, 4:53 pm
Especially after C19
Yea, good point

Return to “Gobbler Nation Grand Slams”