Pinhoti Project

Post your favorite YouTube hunting videos here.
Cove

Pinhoti Project

Post by Cove »

Hey guys! You all may have already found this elsewhere but I attempted (gave it my best effort) to document each day of my 2018 spring turkey season. I'm rolling them out now. I'll include a link to the first hunt (day 1). I'm not sure if the playlist will continue with the days afterwards but you should be able to find them close by. Check it out if you get a minute and tell me what you think. Day 19 is uploading now.
https://youtu.be/pKDvuSFYHSg
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Pinhoti Project

Post by turkeyinstrut »

I have watched every one of them and have thoroughly enjoyed every one, I check several times a day to see if you have added a new one. The Pinhoti Project is my style of hunting, with no decoys, blinds or fans.
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

I stayed up last night past midnight watching on the big screen your hunts in Alabama. All I can say is, " you were way too nice to the idiot who decided to swing around you to try and get to the gobbling bird." Sadly, the older I get the less I suffer fools, and there are a lot of them out there who are either totally ignorant or just don't give a damn about hunting ethics and good sportsmanship. Either way, if you don't call the idiots out and explain to them the error of their ways, they will never learn and remain ignorant and will continue to commit agregious hunting transgressions. At the very least, you can verbally shame those who "don't give a damn" and get a modicum of personal satisfaction and maybe, just maybe, clue them in to the error of their ways. The rantings of an old turkey hunter!!! Great videos and commentary, but I feel that you boys owe it to yourselves and the harvested gobblers to smoke better cigars. Keep up the good work and thanks for your efforts.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Nothing like a “good” cigar to seal the deal.
A man after my own heart!! :salute:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Cove

Post by Cove »

decoykrvr wrote: August 1st, 2018, 12:01 pm I stayed up last night past midnight watching on the big screen your hunts in Alabama. All I can say is, " you were way too nice to the idiot who decided to swing around you to try and get to the gobbling bird." Sadly, the older I get the less I suffer fools, and there are a lot of them out there who are either totally ignorant or just don't give a damn about hunting ethics and good sportsmanship. Either way, if you don't call the idiots out and explain to them the error of their ways, they will never learn and remain ignorant and will continue to commit agregious hunting transgressions. At the very least, you can verbally shame those who "don't give a damn" and get a modicum of personal satisfaction and maybe, just maybe, clue them in to the error of their ways. The rantings of an old turkey hunter!!! Great videos and commentary, but I feel that you boys owe it to yourselves and the harvested gobblers to smoke better cigars. Keep up the good work and thanks for your efforts.
That tool was left a firm, handwritten note when we returned to find his vehicle beside ours. He made himself hard to find after bumping the gobbler. :angryfire:
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

I can’t begin to tell you how much I’ve enjoyed what you guys are doing. I keep wanting more, but I don’t want it to end. I’m gonna go thru withdrawals all over again, when it’s over. Don’t stop doing what you’re doing. Well done Dave.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Bustinbeards

Post by Bustinbeards »

Still thoroughly enjoying the videos, keep em coming and keep up the good work! Love the real reality of hunting you fellas are putting out. Also really enjoyed the vindication of chubbs and his crystal call! Lol
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I’ve been watching them Dave. Great hunts. Good job y’all.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

love it! you could feel her excitement before that gobblers head came into view
thanks for sharing and you keep posting I'll keep watching!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
jryser

Pinhoti Project

Post by jryser »

Cove wrote:
decoykrvr wrote: August 1st, 2018, 12:01 pm I stayed up last night past midnight watching on the big screen your hunts in Alabama. All I can say is, " you were way too nice to the idiot who decided to swing around you to try and get to the gobbling bird." Sadly, the older I get the less I suffer fools, and there are a lot of them out there who are either totally ignorant or just don't give a damn about hunting ethics and good sportsmanship. Either way, if you don't call the idiots out and explain to them the error of their ways, they will never learn and remain ignorant and will continue to commit agregious hunting transgressions. At the very least, you can verbally shame those who "don't give a damn" and get a modicum of personal satisfaction and maybe, just maybe, clue them in to the error of their ways. The rantings of an old turkey hunter!!! Great videos and commentary, but I feel that you boys owe it to yourselves and the harvested gobblers to smoke better cigars. Keep up the good work and thanks for your efforts.
That tool was left a firm, handwritten note when we returned to find his vehicle beside ours. He made himself hard to find after bumping the gobbler. :angryfire:
I wondered what the final outcome was...leech.

The Pinhoti project is the only show that slows a day down at work when I see “new video” pop up. It’s changing the way I hunt in a very good way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Hey Dave you keep me checking my phone all day long to see if you have uploaded a new day!!! Watched all of them so far, and enjoy every minute!!! Great stuff you are putting out. Did you ever get that Yildiz .410 fixed? You need to use a .410 some!!! lol :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah you, and Chubbs keep me up late to many nights!!! :cheers:
Cove

Post by Cove »

2Shooter wrote: August 1st, 2018, 10:42 pm Hey Dave you keep me checking my phone all day long to see if you have uploaded a new day!!! Watched all of them so far, and enjoy every minute!!! Great stuff you are putting out. Did you ever get that Yildiz .410 fixed? You need to use a .410 some!!! lol :thumbup: :thumbup:

I donated the Yildiz back to Academy. I suppose I got a lemon. Haven't entertained the .410 since. I'd really like to set one up. I just haven't found the right fit yet. It would have to save me some weight or size over my 20 gauge (like the Yildiz was going to do) for me to try again.

And thanks for following the project!
jryser

Post by jryser »

Cove wrote:
2Shooter wrote: August 1st, 2018, 10:42 pm Hey Dave you keep me checking my phone all day long to see if you have uploaded a new day!!! Watched all of them so far, and enjoy every minute!!! Great stuff you are putting out. Did you ever get that Yildiz .410 fixed? You need to use a .410 some!!! lol :thumbup: :thumbup:

I donated the Yildiz back to Academy. I suppose I got a lemon. Haven't entertained the .410 since. I'd really like to set one up. I just haven't found the right fit yet. It would have to save me some weight or size over my 20 gauge (like the Yildiz was going to do) for me to try again.

And thanks for following the project!
I have a Browning BPS .410 that is to die for! Shoots like a .22 and at least on paper lethal at 50 with 9 1/2 TSS that I roll myself. Not gonna go past 30 but it’s a badass gun!
That’s 30 right there!!

poorcountrypreacher

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

I gave up watching turkey hunting on TV long ago; a guy sitting in a blind watching a decoy seemed to be the tactic on every show. I have watched several of your shows this year and they are genuine turkey hunting. Thanks for taking the time to put them together!
pccutter

Post by pccutter »

Doing a great job Dave. To me this is how and what Turkey hunting is all about. My son and I have been watching every night when going to bed, now he has started hooting along with you, at the beginning. Keep it rolling.
jhogue

Post by jhogue »

pccutter wrote:Doing a great job Dave. To me this is how and what Turkey hunting is all about. My son and I have been watching every night when going to bed, now he has started hooting along with you, at the beginning. Keep it rolling.
I've watched all of them too and love love the concept, the stories behind the hunts, and the fact that you include the successful and unsuccessful days. I need to get my boy to watch some of these if he will pay attention.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Roy

Post by Roy »

Great stuff
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

it seems like the same thing everytime on TV hunting shows. The turkey runs up the field into the decoys and someone pounds it.. The Pinhoti Project if how turkey hunting really is, except the biking 10 mile and walking another 9. Atleast not for me, that is why god gave them legs!! Outstanding work to all involved and don't worry about getting every kill on camera, I know what it looks like.. For me its the slam dunk that goes to hell in a hurry or the no way in hell this is gonna happen and you score. Every bird is different along with every situation is different. The bad thing is now I find myself watching them over and over to see what I missed. I've been doing this since 1976 and cant believe how close you setup or how aggressive you guys are... Awesome job!!
Cove

Post by Cove »

Fatmo wrote: August 8th, 2018, 1:54 pm it seems like the same thing everytime on TV hunting shows. The turkey runs up the field into the decoys and someone pounds it.. The Pinhoti Project if how turkey hunting really is, except the biking 10 mile and walking another 9. Atleast not for me, that is why god gave them legs!! Outstanding work to all involved and don't worry about getting every kill on camera, I know what it looks like.. For me its the slam dunk that goes to hell in a hurry or the no way in hell this is gonna happen and you score. Every bird is different along with every situation is different. The bad thing is now I find myself watching them over and over to see what I missed. I've been doing this since 1976 and cant believe how close you setup or how aggressive you guys are... Awesome job!!
I bet you really enjoyed today's release them. :mrgreen: That approach was aggressive, even for my taste. But it felt right in the moment and proved effective. :cheers:
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

What is your assessment. Did the gobbler hear you walking and come to the sound? Did you just put yourself in the right place at the right time? Did you even call to the birds? I go on the theory that if you spend enough time in the woods, utilize good woodsmanship, and stay attuned to your surroundings, you will have harvesting opportunities which will allude a lot of "weekend warriors" like the box call, crow calling road hunter in a previous episode.
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

Cove wrote: August 9th, 2018, 5:26 pm
Fatmo wrote: August 8th, 2018, 1:54 pm it seems like the same thing everytime on TV hunting shows. The turkey runs up the field into the decoys and someone pounds it.. The Pinhoti Project if how turkey hunting really is, except the biking 10 mile and walking another 9. Atleast not for me, that is why god gave them legs!! Outstanding work to all involved and don't worry about getting every kill on camera, I know what it looks like.. For me its the slam dunk that goes to hell in a hurry or the no way in hell this is gonna happen and you score. Every bird is different along with every situation is different. The bad thing is now I find myself watching them over and over to see what I missed. I've been doing this since 1976 and cant believe how close you setup or how aggressive you guys are... Awesome job!!
I bet you really enjoyed today's release them. :mrgreen: That approach was aggressive, even for my taste. But it felt right in the moment and proved effective. :cheers:
[/quote

Another goodun! Can Chubs tell what those turkey's are eating from tasting those tootsie rolls??? :scratch: :lol: This morning my wife asks what I'm doing on the computer at 3am. I told her, I had to pee and couldn't sleep so I'm watching Dave Owens and The Pinhoti Project. She says really, what is Dave wearing? I said, mainly camo but he has been known to wear a Red Shirt.. :lol: Keep up the good work, people are watching....
jryser

Post by jryser »

Just a tip of the hat to Dave for the efforts he made to help me thru a tough day. That smile of mine is less Bc that awesome nurse got me started with one stick, but Bc I had TWO Pinhoti Projects to enjoy! Dave you are a super dude in every way!!
IMG_5813.JPG

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Yep I have been watching them to. Just watched the newest one and yes that was straight off the limb early. Don’t ya just love it when it happens like that.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

jryser wrote: August 9th, 2018, 6:54 pm Just a tip of the hat to Dave for the efforts he made to help me thru a tough day. That smile of mine is less Bc that awesome nurse got me started with one stick, but Bc I had TWO Pinhoti Projects to enjoy! Dave you are a super dude in every way!!

IMG_5813.JPG

you know you can call me anytime your bored and not watching Cove kill gobblers.. :LMAO:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
jryser

Post by jryser »

Yes indeed Hoobilly! Watch out I’ll be calling u!

Return to “GNTV”