Pinhoti Project

Post your favorite YouTube hunting videos here.
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Pinhoti Project

Post by hoobilly » August 9th, 2018, 10:35 pm

jryser wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 10:24 pm
Yes indeed Hoobilly! Watch out I’ll be calling u!
:thumbup: :D

Cove

Post by Cove » August 10th, 2018, 8:59 am

decoykrvr wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 4:43 pm
What is your assessment. Did the gobbler hear you walking and come to the sound? Did you just put yourself in the right place at the right time? Did you even call to the birds? I go on the theory that if you spend enough time in the woods, utilize good woodsmanship, and stay attuned to your surroundings, you will have harvesting opportunities which will allude a lot of "weekend warriors" like the box call, crow calling road hunter in a previous episode.
Location Location Location. It will kill more gobblers than the fanciest of calling, my opinion of course. You can tell we stalled on the hillside opposite of him and started to setup there. I wanted to be where we ended up but thought we wouldn't make it without busting them. Well, once I determined his exact location and the exact location of the other birds it became obvious to me his first order of business would be to join the group since he was a satellite cast off to the side. I knew if we were not directly between the 2 we would get to listen to them gobble all morning because I find they don't cooperate much when they bunch up. We took the gamble and arrived just in time. He had no idea we were there, silent approach in the pine straw. :thumbleft:

Southern Sportsman

Post by Southern Sportsman » August 12th, 2018, 9:17 am

Holy ****, yall weren’t kidding. I just watched the first episode and that was AWESOME. My heart was pounding by the time that bird finally showed up. Very, very well done.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly

Cove

Post by Cove » August 15th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Just got days 29.30.31 up today. Hunting before work is exhausting.

jryser

Post by jryser » August 15th, 2018, 7:38 pm

Cove wrote:Just got days 29.30.31 up today. Hunting before work is exhausting.
Love/hate the gobbler that taunts. What’s wild is I thought during season u didn’t have a full time job other than hunting. THAT is dedication and my props go WAY up. I do exactly the same thing if tags aren’t filled, except I hunt in the evenings. Patient care always comes first....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “GNTV”