Any traditional shooters around ??

everything except turkey & deer
FOX FIRE

Post by FOX FIRE »

Most of the time I'm in the minority since a recurve is one of my favorite bows, not that I've killed anything but time with it tho, but just love the simplicity.

Anyone else shoot traditional ??
When I was just a baby my mama told me son, always be a good boy & dont ever play with guns.
Ticeman

Re: Any traditional shooters around ??

Post by Ticeman »

Nope, compound only for me, I like to use technology to my advantage every chance I get.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I use to all the time. A long bow is way more accurate than people think. I still have a Martin take down re-curve.
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

I love to shoot traditional tackle! My favorite is a 55# Martin the Stick long bow. It is so light and a sweet shooter. I just have not gotten up the nerve to take it hunting.
turkeybuster

Post by turkeybuster »

Hickory stick,or osage....make um myself.
FOX FIRE

Post by FOX FIRE »

Good deal, nice turn out for the trad shooters, not that I'm knock'n compounds, I still have my trusty High Country & enjoy shoot'n it, but back in the early 90s I got tired of the gimmics that had taken over the compound scene, over draws, high dollar sights that was just junk, everything rattled or buzzed & never stayed in tune.

I found a Browning Fire Drake in a pawn shop for a hundred bucks & was in love, it was weightless compared to my compound, quiet, uncomplicated & just fun to shoot, but like a moron I sold it to a "buddy" on the condition if he sells it...I get first dibs, but he wants twice the price.

Now I have a old Bear Grizzly I traded for, it was in bad shape so i had to refurb it but that made it more fun to me, sevral nights of carefull sanding, about 4 coats of polycrylic in stain finish, new beaver balls ( HA HA... I actualy said beaver balls.), string, shelf material, turned out rather nice, love it even if its only 50 pounds draw weight.
When I was just a baby my mama told me son, always be a good boy & dont ever play with guns.
slickyboyboo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by slickyboyboo »

I haven't pulled them out in a while, but I have several recurves and longbows that I used to shoot daily. If I pulled them out now, I wonder if I could even hit the target at first. LOL
Raising my carbon footprint, one bag of charcoal at a time!

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”