Day 23 of the 2019 Ohio Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 23 of the 2019 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

I had planned on going out at 07:00 this morning but the rain kept me in until after 10:00.

As I drove back the lane this morning, I spotted at least 6 turkeys at the end of the lane,
probably the same flock that strolled past my truck several days ago. I didn’t have my
telephoto lens so the 2 pics I took didn’t get a lot of detail. 1 had already entered the
woods on the right when I took the pics.

I was set-up at 10:25 in “my” primary turkey woods with the temp at 70, overcast, & a
breeze. At 10:32, I spotted a fox going up a tree out of range. At 10:46, 1 ran across in
front of me at about 10 yards with no shot. At 11:02, a 3rd bushy went up another tree
out of range. At 11:42, I saw one on the ground but, again, out of range. At 12:04, 1
was moving around in a brush pile to my right but never presented a clear shot. At 12:08,
another ran past me. Finally, ay 12:23, another came down a tree part way, turned, went
back up, & moved through the tree tops before coming down & disappearing in the
undergrowth,

At 01:50, I took a walk but saw nothing, I sat back down at 02:20, I sat back down. At 02:23,
I spotted 2 hens feeding in the clover field. After a couple of minutes, 2 more joined them &
they headed off into the woods. This was another flock as it came in from the SE & the 1stwas
at the NW.

The sun had been popping in & out all morning & it was pretty warm outside the woods when I
headed in at 02:45 with the temp at 77.

01.JPG
02.JPG
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 23 of the 2019 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by OLE RASPY »

Rain what’s that!!!!!!!!!!!
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Hunter, you got any Grey squirrels down there. By the way, my 12 y.o. son is a complete follower of the squirrel thread, please keep it up ! :thumbup:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

spider316 wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 8:17 pm Hunter, you got any Grey squirrels down there. By the way, my 12 y.o. son is a complete follower of the squirrel thread, please keep it up ! :thumbup:
In all the years that I have hunted squirrels here in Ohio, I have only seen & killed 1 gray.
Around here, it seems like they have all become citified.

I'm glad your young un likes my scratchings. I hope to have a success story this afternoon.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”