Day 26 of the 2018 Ohio Squirrel season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 26 of the 2018 Ohio Squirrel season

Post by HunterGKS »

It was very overcast this morning so I didn’t hit the woods until 08:33, temp 69, & a light breeze. It was pretty damp so I wore a jacket to keep from getting chilled.

At 09:19, a fox ran up a leaning dead tree into the tops & disappeared. The wind had also picked up noticeably.

At 10:00, I headed back to the pond, got there at 10:10 & immediately saw a bushy moving in the tops on the far side of the pond. At 10:20, another 1 started bouncing through the trees to the south. The sun started to come out & I hoped that would get the squirrels moving. At 10:22, 1 showed up in the fork of a limb on the far side of the pond & sat there. I took a rest on the tree I had been leaning against & dropped what turned out to be a young male with a nut in his mouth. At the shot, another started scolding like crazy about 10 yards to my right. I moved in on it & knew exactly where it was but couldn’t see it as it was up in the leafy top. I didn’t even see the flicking of the tell-tale tail. I finally gave up after about 20 minutes of watching & headed back getting there at 11:00. I headed in at 11:30.

I have some chain-sawing to do as a tree went down right where I park the 4-wheeler. If it had been there, it would have been squashed. A couple more went down across the trail further into the woods. It never seems to fail that, when a tree falls, it is always across a trail. The sawing will have to wait until next summer.

George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

MAK

Re: Day 26 of the 2018 Ohio Squirrel season

Post by MAK »

Good shooting keep after them
MAK
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Why does it have to wait till summer to cut the tree up.
Good shooting.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Thx guys. Bow season opens Sat & others hunt back there. I'm in the process of tearing down a barn & milk house,
removing a stone wall & building another, drawing up the plans for a new building,& a lot of other things that are
more important than cutting up a tree.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

HunterGKS wrote: September 26th, 2018, 7:59 pm Thx guys. Bow season opens Sat & others hunt back there. I'm in the process of tearing down a barn & milk house,
removing a stone wall & building another, drawing up the plans for a new building,& a lot of other things that are
more important than cutting up a tree.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”