hog broadheads

everything except turkey & deer
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

hog broadheads

Post by Turkey Talker »

I use 2 inch rages for everything. But after a run through with a hog, they are trashed. Not to mention, I'm getting sick of replacing the o-rings everytime u kill something. What do you guys use for hogs?
TT
Ticeman

Re: hog broadheads

Post by Ticeman »

Can't say about hogs, but I'm done with mechanicals altogether, too tempermental, too expensive, if you miss whatever you're shooting at, the head is done, they deploy if you bump them, etc. etc., so fixed is the only way for me from now on.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

I agree. I will still keep these rages around for armadillos, coons, and yotes but I think fixed is gonna be the new way to go.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I got tired of hogs tearing up a 10.00 arrow with a 10.00 broadhead. Thats why you use what I call HOG ARROWS.
You only hunt Hogs with junk arrows and cheap broadheads. It has to be a throw away quality and cost for me to waste it on a hog.
I actually don't even use a bow anymore. I use a gun. My preference is .22 Mag. Nothing feels better than killing hogs with a .22 Mag. You don't tear up any meat if you chose to eat the Hog. You have to get close and select the shot.
Good luck Dave wack as many as you can. They are NOT A GAME ANIMAL. :thumbup:
Hambone79

Post by Hambone79 »

I like the ram-cat head its the hybrid and a great broadhead i shot a hog with a rage a couple of weeks ago and didnt get much penatration like i would have with my montec's but granted wasnt the best placed shot either.
2ounce6s

Post by 2ounce6s »

I am not a hog hunter but a fellow I know here in the lowcountry of SC swears by slick tricks. I think he is using razor tricks at this time. He has a ton of youtube hog hunting videos if you want to see some hog action.
http://www.youtube.com/user/bwqk1278?feature=watch
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I've got a few to review before I make a purchase!
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

When I shoot deer and turkey, I could care less if the I tear up the broadhead. I shoot two blade rages because nothing puts them down quicker. For hogs, I shoot G5 Montecs. They are almost indestructible and very easy to resharpen.
dirt road ninja

Post by dirt road ninja »

Wasps zip right thru them.
Reloader
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Reloader »

Slick Tricks! The Nosler Partition of broadheads.

Expandables suck on big hogs. We tried a Spitfire on a big boar and only got 8-10" penetration behind the shoulder broadside with a 425g bolt at 350fps. He ran off with the arrow hanging out like you'd just hit him with a dart.

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk 2
gblack15

Post by gblack15 »

I shoot 100 grain Muzzy's on the cheapest Walmart arrow I can find.
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Romans 1:20
slickyboyboo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by slickyboyboo »

Turkey Talker wrote:I use 2 inch rages for everything. But after a run through with a hog, they are trashed. Not to mention, I'm getting sick of replacing the o-rings everytime u kill something. What do you guys use for hogs?
TT
Check out the Grim Reapers, I use the 100 gr RazorTip for everything, and they are built like a tank.

You may also look into the new Ulmer Edge heads by Trophy Taker. I may try some of them out this year.
Raising my carbon footprint, one bag of charcoal at a time!
ArkansasDon

Post by ArkansasDon »

I use the Atom & or Grim Reapers
Camo Solutions http://www.camo-solutions.com
Red Hawk Archery Pro Staff http://www.redhawk-archery.com

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”