Day 12 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 12 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

Young’s Woods 09/12/2017 A.M.

I got back to the woods at 12:54, 68, clear, & sunny. I set-up the trail cam & headed to my spot. At 02:15, the wind picked up & it started getting overcast. At 03:00, I moved up to my deer stand & almost immediately, a large red showed up on the blown down tree to my right. It was big enough that, if given the opportunity, I would have shot it. But no, it disappeared instead. A couple of minutes later, a small red started screaming in a tree in front of me before charging off to the right. At about 04:10, a red ran down the dead fall to my right before running across in front of me & then under my stand. Not sure where it went after that.

Since I hadn’t seen a fox all afternoon, I headed to the house at 04:30 & put 3 squirrels in the pressure cooker. I got them picked, packaged, & in the freezer. I plan to hit the woods behind the house in the morning if the weatherman is wrong & it doesn’t rain.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 12 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by soiltester »

MMMMMMM .. bet the weatherman's rite today, cause' we got 1 1/2" of rain from Irma ;)

You may want to take a couple of days off and let those leaves get a bit' dryer after the rain's and maybe they'll start fallin' so you can see your prey :shock:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

soiltester wrote: September 13th, 2017, 6:14 am MMMMMMM .. bet the weatherman's rite today, cause' we got 1 1/2" of rain from Irma ;)

You may want to take a couple of days off and let those leaves get a bit' dryer after the rain's and maybe they'll start fallin' so you can see your prey :shock:
It was overcast this morning & the clouds came & went but nary a drop. Supposed to be sporadic this afternoon but I'm going to try to open a news woods anyway.

Between the damp leaves on the ground & the heavy foliage still on the trees, it's been tough sledding.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

It's tough here as well

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”