Day 11 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 11 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

Grandpa Scott’s Woods 09/11/2017 A.M.

I was in the woods at 07:26 this morning with a temp of 77, clear & bright sunny skies, & calm. As I was getting to the end of the lane, a total of 6 deer ran from the field on the west side of woods. 1 was a confirmed buck, maybe an 8 & I think that at least 1 other was a big buck. He ran with that haughty, head-in-the-air run accompanied with huge, high jumps typical of big bucks. I turned right & there was another deer standing at the south end of the clearing where I was headed.

As I walked back to my spot, a big coon ran across the opening in front of me. At 07:48, a fox showed up in the tree on the left side of the clearing headed to the limb crossing. She stopped giving me a shot but, just as I squeezed, she moved & I ended up with a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad shot!! When I picked her up, I figured it was going to be a really tough cleaning job. As it turns out, it wasn’t much different than usual, just a little more knife work.

At 10:15, temp 74, I headed to the woods where I have my trail cam set-up. I needed to adjust the time interval as it was taking way too many pics. Turns out the batteries had died yesterday\ so I had to adjust my plans for the rest of today & tomorrow afternoon. I do have a lot of batteries so I should have it ready to go this evening.

Aunt Evelyn’s North Place 09/11/2017 P.M.

I got set-up at 12:25, temp still at 74, sunny & clear, & a bit breezy. I sat there with absolutely nothing going on until 03:30 when the boredom got to be too much & I headed in, still 74.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

MAK

Re: Day 11 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by MAK »

i'm a tramp 'em off at the tail guy when it comes to skinning - fraid that would be one you'd pull in half that way. hate when that happens.
MAK
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

MAK wrote: September 12th, 2017, 1:22 pm i'm a tramp 'em off at the tail guy when it comes to skinning - fraid that would be one you'd pull in half that way. hate when that happens.
That's exactly what I though but there was still enough hide attached on both sides that all I had to di was cut a little further down than usual. I stepped on the tail, pulled by the back feet, & the hide peeled right away with no problems.
George

MAK

Post by MAK »

great!
MAK
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

MAK wrote: September 13th, 2017, 8:08 amgreat!
Mt thought perzactly!!!! :cheers:
George

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”