Friday 10/28/16 Bushy Hunt.

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Friday 10/28/16 Bushy Hunt.

Post by HunterGKS »

Got into “my” deer woods at 12:40 with the temp at 51. The north side of the woods was calm but the south side was pretty windy putting the temp into the low-to-mid 40s I would guess.

At 02:03, 7 people & a small tractor came up through the recent shelled corn field from the south. If a bushy had come into the bean field, I would have been firing towards them so I decided to take a walk to see if I could find an unwary squirrel. I made a large circle starting going west, then north, east, south, & back west to my spot. I didn’t see any bushies but found 2 rubs & 1 scrape. I got back to my spot at 02:33 & the people were heading west along the south side of the woods & went out of sight. I have no idea what they were doing but speculate possibly picking up rocks as it’s what farmers sometimes do when the crops are off. At 02:39, 2 does came busting out of the woods to the west, ran diagonally across in front of me & into the woods to my east.

At 02:42, a 4-wheeler roared past me coming from the east & made a big loop heading back towards the east but further south. Between then & 03:30, it made several passes before the rider saw me when it came close to where I was sitting. He slowed, waved, yelled “SORRY” & left never to be seen again.

At 04:26, a fox showed up on my right but headed back the way it came without a shot. At 04:46, another came out into the bean field but was at the far end of the woods & way too far for a shot.

By 05:00, the wind had really picked up so I decided to head home. I planned to get out on Sunday, 10/30/16, but it was a typical Ohio winter’s day, cloudy, rainy, windy, & chilly. Maybe next week.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”