Thursday 09-15

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Thursday 09-15

Post by HunterGKS »

I woke up this morning & found out that my get up & go done got up & went!! So I turned the alarm off & got another 1 ½ hrs of sleep. I did a few odds & ends around the house & decided it was time to hit the woods behind the house.

As I entered the woods at 01:06, 2 deer took off for parts unknown. Couldn’t tell what they were except that they were deer. I saw several foxes during the afternoon with the 1st at 1:39 in front of me but too far, at 02:16 behind me & to my right which I thought was going to keep coming & present a shot but it turned around & went back the way it came. Then at 02:46, another showed up in front & to my right but never presented a shot. At 03:28 1 showed up in front of me but again, no shot. At 3:51, 1 came in from my right & moved back & forth in front of me. It did give me a couple of gut shots but I won’t take those for obvious reasons. I watched it move to my left into some green growth. I kept watch & would see it every once in awhile but never a shot. At 1 point, I looked to my right to check out the woods. When I looked back, the bushy was coming down the log in front of me & jumped down on the far side where I couldn’t see it. It finally showed itself & I watched it move away. It finally stopped & gave me an open broad side shot. Just as I squeezed, it turned its back on me. I thought I had missed but went to check anyway. It was lying where it was standing with a hole in its tail about an inch from his hind quarters & an exit hole in its back. The tail bone & spine were broken I it was a real messy PIA to clean. He still had his green acorn in his mouth when I picked him up.

Tomorrow is a work-out & grocery day so I won’t get out until the afternoon, probably in my deer woods as it’s on the way home. I’m almost caught up with what I need.

George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Thursday 09-15

Post by soiltester »

Head shot or no shot .. oh yer' a meat hunter :LMAO:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Got him right in the Texas heart !
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

soiltester wrote:Head shot or no shot .. oh yer' a meat hunter :LMAO:
"It finally stopped & gave me an open broad side shot. Just as I squeezed, it turned its back on me."

I had the head in my scope. Have you ever started to do something & needed to change it immediately? It's next to impossible for the brain to get a signal to a muscle to STOP & the muscle actually stop when it's already in the process of completing the 1st command. As the Irish say: "O'well stuff happens!"
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”