Monday 09-12

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Monday 09-12

Post by HunterGKS »

It was 51 when I got into the woods at 7:20 this morning. As I was setting up my chair, a large bird flew out right in front of me. I know it wasn’t a turkey as the wings were too long & narrow. I doubt that it was a Great Blue as it didn’t squawk as they do. It could have been a buzzard but they usually roost in groups. Maybe an eagle. I’m not sure as it was still pretty dark in the woods.

The 1st red showed up at 8:25 & a couple of others started chirring & dropping walnuts. At 11, I decided to take a walk to see if I could stir something up. The only 2 things I found were the puff ball & what I call shelf mushrooms for obvious reasons, don’t know proper the name of them.

About 11:45, I ate lunch. At 1:26, a fox showed up within range but never gave me a clear shot. About the same time, another showed up in the distance but never came my way.

I had planned to stay until 5-5:30 but, after sitting for 8 hours & only seeing 2 foxes, I was bored to death. At 3:30 it was 76, I headed to the house & started mowing. I had about 5 minutes left when the right front tire gave out. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Next outing is Wednesday as Tuesday is a workout day & a camp cooking day. Somebody please tell me it gets better. I’m falling further & further behind with each passing day.

George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Monday 09-12

Post by Grumpy »

Sure it's better, go buy a couple of 10 pounds chubs of BEEF hamburger, everyone will be happy.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Monday 09-12

Post by soiltester »

Ouch .. need me to send you some 10#'s of pinto beans :lol:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”