We got 2 coyotes but we should of got 4 coyotes.

Techniques and calls.
derbyacresbob

We got 2 coyotes but we should of got 4 coyotes.

Post by derbyacresbob »

This last Wednesday my friend JP7mag and I went coyote calling in the afternoon. We had gotten a call from a rancher and his wife and they wanted us to try and kill some coyotes close to their house. A coyote or coyotes had killed a goat in the pen right next to their house.

On our first stand we had a coyote run right up to within about 35 yards of my Foxpro. I was about 25 yards from my Foxpro with my shotgun and I thought that JP7mag was going to kill the coyote while it was standing there looking at the Foxpro.

The coyote turned around and took off and got away. I found out that the coyote was behind a small brush pile that was blocking JP7mag's view.

On the next stand I was laying down with my shotgun by a fence line with a little cover on it and JP7mag was about 60 yards to my left. I started playing Bay Bee Cottontail and about 2 minutes later a coyote came down the fence line to my right.

When I first saw the coyote it was only about 25 yards away. When the coyote turned around to leave I dropped it with my shotgun.

After calling with rabbit distress sounds for about 15 more minutes I played a male coyote challenge sound and then went back and forth between coyote growls and pup distress 3.

JP 7 mag shot a coyote out in front of me about 75 yards away that I had not seen. So I went back to the male challenge sound again and played the growls and pup distress 3 sound again.

A few minutes later a coyote peeked out of the cover about 100 yards away from JP7mag. This coyote got shot at but it ended up being a clean miss.

We made two more stands that day but didn't call in any more coyotes.

ImageIMG_8465 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
This is JP7mag with the two coyotes we got on our second stand.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: We got 2 coyotes but we should of got 4 coyotes.

Post by Hoobilly »

2 is better than none! Hopefully the farmer will feel a little relief!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Way to go. Good deal.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

WTG!!! If ya'll were playing baseball you be batting .500!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Way to go. Kill all them Yotes
Mike

Return to “Predator Calling”