5 coyotes and some bobcat pictures!

Techniques and calls.
derbyacresbob

5 coyotes and some bobcat pictures!

Post by derbyacresbob »

On Wednesday I got 5 coyotes on my first 5 stands. On stand 5 I got some pictures of a Grey Fox. On around stand 9 I had a bobcat get right up close.
ImageIMG_4659 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
This coyote was the first stand of the morning about a 25 yard shot with my shotgun.

ImageIMG_4666 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
I saw this coyote at about 800 yards away after calling for about 20 minutes. I saw this coyote just a few minutes after switching to Pup Distress 3 on full volume. This coyote covered the 800 yards or so in about 2 minutes. I shot it at about 40 yards away with my 22-250.

ImageIMG_4690 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
This coyote on stand 3 showed up about 1 minute into the calling. Got a standing shot at about 100 yards away with my 22-250.

ImageIMG_4699 - Copy (2) by Robert Morris, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4701 - Copy (2) by Robert Morris, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4712 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4721 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
The above 4 pictures are all the same coyote. This coyote went right by me about 20 yards away while it was running down a very steep mountain. This coyote stopped about 10 yards from my caller about 25 yards from me.

On the 5th stand I was calling down a big canyon and I was hiding in some rocks about 25 yards up from the canyon bottom. Right after I started my FoxPro I heard a coyote doing a challenge scream at me from about 600 to 800 yards up a steep mountain on the other side of the canyon.

I challenged the coyote back with Male Coyote Challenge 4 sound. The coyote started screaming louder and came out into view way up on the other mountain. This coyote was heading down the mountain towards me screaming his head off.

At about 300 yards away he stopped so I switched to Pup Distress 3 on full volume, as soon as this coyote heard Pup Distress 3 he started running down towards me again. The big male coyote stopped when he got to the bottom of the canyon and he was still screaming at me. The sound this coyote was making was not a challenge bark howl it was a challenge SCREAM.
ImageIMG_4735 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
This is a picture of the coyote screaming at me from 100 yards away. Right after I took this picture I set down my camera and shotgun and picked up my 22-250.

It was pretty cool to see this coyote screaming at me while I was concentrating on squeezing the trigger on my 22-250.
ImageIMG_4755 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
This is the next picture of the big male screamer.

ImageIMG_4772 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4792 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
Took the above fox and hawk pictures on stand 6.

I think it was stand 9 that the bobcat showed up after playing Bay Bee Cottontail for about 3 minutes.
ImageIMG_4810 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4813 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4816 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
After the bobcat walked by my FoxPro caller it looked over at me and saw my black camera in front of my face and decided he wanted to check it out.

ImageIMG_4823 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4830 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
ImageIMG_4837 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
The bobcat ended up getting right at 15 feet from me. In the last bobcat picture you can see some shade right under the bobcat. That is the shade from the juniper I was sitting in front of.
Last edited by derbyacresbob on December 11th, 2017, 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Foxpro Field Staff
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: 5 coyotes and some bobcat pictures!

Post by OLE RASPY »

Dang bob. Them some awesome pics you took. You the man. 👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Great pics. and maybe you should take up wildlife picture takin' :cheers:
Just take a break to shoot those dang "yotes" , which by the way .. I prefer to see the dead pics. and not live :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
gobblerchsr

Post by gobblerchsr »

Thanks for sharing Bob! Keep whacking those varmints!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Predator Calling”