Red Dot for Astigmatism

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
Fatmo

Red Dot for Astigmatism

Post by Fatmo »

I have an eye disease called Keratoconus which is like a Astigmatism on steroids. I've gone to scopes on all my turkey guns. I've been using a center point scope and it has been doing a great job, but it is pretty heavy and alittle big. I've checked out maybe a hundred different scopes/red dots / hologram sights and couldn't get any of them to work without starbursting under illumination. "Until" I did some further investigating and someone had said to try a ( Prism Red Dot ) I checked out Vortex 1x spitfire and it worked awesome. This red dot has the reticle etched onto the Prism, which means no illumination is needed if the batteries fail. It is about 9 ounces with battery and covers on.. Crystal clear with an adjustable height base... If you are having a problem with a Astigmatism, check them out! Cheapest price was Bass Pro Shop unless you want used on Ebay with the vortex transferable warranty.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Red Dot for Astigmatism

Post by Hoobilly »

thats alright! glad you found something to work for you!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Prism scopes aren't red dots. They're just a different way of making an illuminated scope. Not that it matters if it works for what you want.
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

Unbelievable difference in clarity, FOV, weight!

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”