Shotgun Scope for a Youth 870 20 gauge

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Shotgun Scope for a Youth 870 20 gauge

Post by Grumpy »

I just ordered a shur shot pistol grip stock and would like to try one of the small (short) red/green dot scopes with unlimited eye relief for it, what brand do you guys recommend ?
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Shotgun Scope for a Youth 870 20 gauge

Post by howl »

Gotta have both red and green?
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Burris FastFire lll, and get a Optic Guard from Jim at WarBird turkey calls. SumToy makes a good mount that will fit the rounded receiver better than the Burris 336 mount.
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

If you don't need green, I would recommend Burris FF III.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

I use the Mueller Quick Shot. All have held up so far.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I have a red/green dot by Busnell. It has 4 reticles. I used it for several years, but switched to a 4x so I wouldn't have to adjust the brightness. It held up on my 870 12 guage 3.5" shotgun. It's just sitting at the house. If you want I will send it to you to try or keep. It does have some camo tape on it though.

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

I sure like the FF III and the Burris Speed Bead mount, if you forget to turn it on or if your battery goes dead you can sight right down your rib and use your bead. I used this setup on a Benelli M2 20 gauge this year and wasn't sure if I would like it but after trying it I love it, I am currently getting a Speed Bead mount modified for my daughters Affinity as Burris does not make one specifically for that gun.
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

CamoMan4025 wrote:I have a red/green dot by Busnell. It has 4 reticles. I used it for several years, but switched to a 4x so I wouldn't have to adjust the brightness. It held up on my 870 12 guage 3.5" shotgun. It's just sitting at the house. If you want I will send it to you to try or keep. It does have some camo tape on it though.

Kevin
There you go Kevin being nice to Grumpy!!! I don't think he can handle it!!! :D
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

howl wrote:Gotta have both red and green?

No, I assumed they all came like that
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

CamoMan4025 wrote:I have a red/green dot by Busnell. It has 4 reticles. I used it for several years, but switched to a 4x so I wouldn't have to adjust the brightness. It held up on my 870 12 guage 3.5" shotgun. It's just sitting at the house. If you want I will send it to you to try or keep. It does have some camo tape on it though.

Kevin

Thank you very much for the offer. The reason I am looking at some type of sights is I just ordered a Shurshot pistol grip type stock for it and I read on here that it is difficult to see the original sights with this type of stock. I guess I will know more when I get the stock on and take a look. But I now have a few ideas if I need to go to other sights. Thanks and Thank you again Kevin for the offer....Mark
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

2Shooter wrote:

Kevin

2shooter, since I buried my 13 yr.old boy, you would be surprised at just how much I can handle. Enough said about that.....
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Well, $#@!.

For no worries bulletproof stuff, georgiagunstore has Trijicon MROs on sale for $350ish. jet.com has Vortex Vipers for $150 with save15 code. That's a 6 moa dot on the Vortex, but that would be alright if you have good eyes. If you have astigmatism don't buy any red dot until you have looked through it. What should be a little round dot can look like a big fireball or comet. A 6 moa dot would be useless to me, but I can get by with a 2 moa dot.

Obviously people have good luck with more economical stuff. I don't, so I don't know how to recommend any.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Grumpy wrote:
2Shooter wrote:

Kevin

2shooter, since I buried my 13 yr.old boy, you would be surprised at just how much I can handle. Enough said about that.....
I can't imagine anything harder to bare.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I got the Shureshot stock and forearm in today and got it put on, going to love the softer butt plate and with my screwed up shoulder it sure is easier to control and hold. I weighed it and weighed the wooden stock and forearm I took off, the Shureshot stuff weighs 6 ounces more, I thought for sure it would weigh less, but not a problem with weight just the stock and the pistol grip is so much easier for my old a$$ to hold. dammmm, got to go, my teeth fell out and the dog ran off with them again, second time today.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”