Sumtoy's Mount for FF series of red dots

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Sumtoy's Mount for FF series of red dots

Post by GLS »

Here's Sumtoy's prototype for red dot sights on my MP-18 Baikal .410. I will mount a Docter on it. Note that it is curved to fit the barrel making it more secure than the flat based 336 mount. With this, no flat spot needs to be milled on the barrel. He will have future mounts anodized. This one isn't. After I zero the gun and Duracoat the metal, I'll give a report.

Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Sumtoy's Mount for FF series of red dots

Post by Waddle Whacker »

I like it.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

Looks great. That's what I need on my Beretta 686, instead of the B-square cantilever rib mount I currently use. But mine would have to be machined differently to accommodate the vent rib (which does not appear to be substantial enough to mount to directly).
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Spur, maybe it could be slotted along its axis and mounted with one screw through a rib post so as not to penetrate barrel. Loctite would be needed. I don't recall the spacing of the posts; I'm not at home to check my 686; if another post is close enough, two screws.
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

GLS wrote:Spur, maybe it could be slotted along its axis and mounted with one screw through a rib post so as not to penetrate barrel. Loctite would be needed. I don't recall the spacing of the posts; I'm not at home to check my 686; if another post is close enough, two screws.
Knowing William, he could come up with something, I'm sure.
SumToy

Post by SumToy »

We did one on a target set up one time. It was a normal mount that we fixed to set down over it. Now I think if we did this thicker we could do that. If you run just a small sight like the FF you could mount it all to the rib. The weight is what gives you trouble on the rib or the guns that are not steel.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”