new or used burris fastifre 2 or one

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
heyboy15

new or used burris fastifre 2 or one

Post by heyboy15 »

anybody got a new or used burris fastfire 2 that they would sell? or know where i could get a cheaper one at?
To some its a passion to others its an obsession.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: new or used burris fastifre 2 or one

Post by GLS »

Check ebay. I see a few there. Prices have really dropped on the 3. Seeing them on ebay under $210 with free shipping. Main advantage (for me) of 3 over 2 is battery removal can be done without taking the red dot off the mount. Gil
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

Agree with Gil. I would not buy a FFII. I have one of each, and the III is far superior to the II. Not only do you not have to remove the sight to change the battery on the III, it also has click adjustments for windage and elevation, whereas the II does not.
Last edited by Spuriosity on December 30th, 2014, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Spur, I have click dyslexia when it comes to relying on calculating clicks. Invariably, I turn them the wrong direction. After zeroing a lead shell at 20 yards, I set up at 40. First shot is at target center marked by a black dot. I lock the gun into a workmate (don't have a lead sled which would be easier) and fiddle the gun/workmate until the red dot is once again centered at original target black dot. I mark center mass of pattern of same target with another black dot. With gun and red dot locked in place on first black dot, I adjust windage/elevation as needed to move red dot on top of second black dot. I put a clean sheet of paper up, mark another black dot, and fire. It's usually dead on. Saves shells and gets around my click dyslexia. ;) Gil
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

GLS wrote:Spur, I have click dyslexia when it comes to relying on calculating clicks. Invariably, I turn them the wrong direction. After zeroing a lead shell at 20 yards, I set up at 40. First shot is at target center marked by a black dot. I lock the gun into a workmate (don't have a lead sled which would be easier) and fiddle the gun/workmate until the red dot is once again centered at original target black dot. I mark center mass of pattern of same target with another black dot. With gun and red dot locked in place on first black dot, I adjust windage/elevation as needed to move red dot on top of second black dot. I put a clean sheet of paper up, mark another black dot, and fire. It's usually dead on. Saves shells and gets around my click dyslexia. ;) Gil
Yep, that's the best way to sight in, provided you have a way to lock in the gun. I have a lead sled, but have never used it to lock in the gun. I think I will try that this spring. I have to re-sight my O/U every year, because my FF III is mounted on a cantilever mount that I take off to use the gun for grouse hunting in the winter. I sight in with the lead shells I use in the open barrel, then fire one TSS load from the tight barrel. If I get the lead shell shooting where it's supposed to, the TSS is on as well.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Wes. I never lock mine into sled. Just hold tight and adjust. Works just fine for me.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

Johndoe wrote:Wes. I never lock mine into sled. Just hold tight and adjust. Works just fine for me.
That's what I do, no problem. Helps to have a second set of hands too, you hold gun still and stay down on the stock while second person makes the adjustments.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”