Lincoln National Forest hunting questions

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
Drew

Lincoln National Forest hunting questions

Post by Drew »

Good afternoon! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I live in El Paso, TX and wanted to do some fall turkey hunting in the Ruidoso (Game Unit 36) / Cloudcroft (Game Unit 34), NM area (Lincoln National Forest). I've never done a Fall hunt before which I've learned through this forum and other sites is harder than Spring. I went up to the Bonito Lake area yesterday (11/04/2017) and saw some smaller hens and poults. If anyone has hunted in either area, have you had any luck seeing Toms? Also, I've never hunted the Cloudcroft area and based on the prior havest reports, there are more turkey taken there as opposed to Ruidoso. If anyone could point in right direction or canyon, I'd greatly appreciate it as I don't want to end up crossing onto Reservation or Private land.

Best regards,

Drew
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Lincoln National Forest hunting questions

Post by HunterGKS »

Drew wrote: November 5th, 2017, 6:29 pm Good afternoon! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I live in El Paso, TX and wanted to do some fall turkey hunting in the Ruidoso (Game Unit 36) / Cloudcroft (Game Unit 34), NM area (Lincoln National Forest). I've never done a Fall hunt before which I've learned through this forum and other sites is harder than Spring. I went up to the Bonito Lake area yesterday (11/04/2017) and saw some smaller hens and poults. If anyone has hunted in either area, have you had any luck seeing Toms? Also, I've never hunted the Cloudcroft area and based on the prior havest reports, there are more turkey taken there as opposed to Ruidoso. If anyone could point in right direction or canyon, I'd greatly appreciate it as I don't want to end up crossing onto Reservation or Private land.

Best regards,

Drew
Can't help with your questions but
Welcome Back.jpg
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Hunt Strategies”