Gobbler Cluck

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
quavers16

Gobbler Cluck

Post by quavers16 »

Anybody here use the gobbler cluck in the Spring to bring a tom or 2 in? I prefer this call over the gobbler yelp. I use a double-glass call and snap the hickory peg as hard as I can in the middle. I use it if hen calls are really not working for that day. It works really well---they come looking for a fight and probably much safer then gobbling and bringing other hunters in.
fisherxp

Re: Gobbler Cluck

Post by fisherxp »

Last Monday about 10:00 I started hearing some loud gobbler clucking; tried yelping and cutting but the bird(s) would not budge so started to mimic the clucking. About 5 minutes later 2 big toms came in and commenced to beat the stuffing out of my Dakota Jake decoy. Watched the show for a while then pulled the trigger. 11" beard, 1" spurs, weight 24 lbs. You are righjt..sometimes that works.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I hear that call is a killer on jakes too !! :dontknow: :thumbup:
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

I use Top Calls glass call for it. The Lynch-World Champion box is really good as well. I hit gobbler clucks on the -gobbler side of box. Gotta love a box that was marketed in 1958. One year older then me-LOL.
noxubeehunter

Post by noxubeehunter »

Can be deadly. I usually only use it if I'm working a bird that won't come all the way in. Haven't used it much but have been successful with it in the past.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

timbrhuntr wrote:I hear that call is a killer on jakes too !! :dontknow: :thumbup:
:lol: :lol:
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

timbrhuntr wrote:I hear that call is a killer on jakes too !! :dontknow: :thumbup:
I think a fart could call in a jake. :lol:
El Sicario

Return to “Hunt Strategies”