Off To Court

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Off To Court

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Well I made an earlier thread in reference to the Scientific Fish and Wildlife Act passing both the state house and senate.. Last night we had two ballot proposals 14-1 which was basically the wolf bill, and 14-2 which determined whom determined state game animals..

Well sorry to say both went down.. The earlier passed Scientific Fish and Wildlife Act overrides both bills and they basically are null and void.. But the antis are taking it to court so losing was not a good thing on the above two ballot proposals..

Kinda disappointed in the lack of support in regards to campaigning for both proposals.. None of the large hunting and conservation groups stepped up and ran an ad.. Dove bill 2.0 for us.. The airwaves were full of anti wolf hunting propaganda however..

I have a feeling this is going to be tied up in court for a while and wishing for the best.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Off To Court

Post by Hoobilly »

Sorry to hear that Tom.
Dove hunting should have been easily won there years ago..

As many hunting groups in Michigan you would think they could get together and make something happen.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: As many hunting groups in Michigan you would think they could get together and make something happen.
Michigan United Conservation Club and Citizens for Sound Scientific Wildlife Management really poured some effort into the Scientific Fish and Wildlife Act presented to the house and senate..

Seeings that this basically vetos these two bills there was little visible support for this from them or any other group.. One would think they still would because basically the vote is going to come up as evidence in court.. But than on the other hand maybe they are playing the card "It has already passed, why pump money into it.. We placed no effort into that is why it won" and use that in court dunno..
ChiefBubba

Off To Court

Post by ChiefBubba »

Being I'm an out of state guy anything I can do to help like phone calls, emails? If so just give us a list of contacts and we can flood them with calls and emails. You know those out of state fees can be a real loss for them. Chief
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I agree with all of the sportsmans groups have got to get together and fight as one.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

When I was at my buds place in Michigan hunting last month he was talking with his wife about all these proposals etc that he was reading through. I guess it is the ballot you are talking about. To say he was a little confused and even frustrated would be an understatement. I heard him talking about the wolf hunting and he was going to vote against it. I made a few comments about wolves to him and he said oh maybe I should vote for it but then was confused about some other part of the ballot and basically was throwing his hands up in the air. He is as far from an anti-hunter as you could get but he had no idea what to make of these proposals and how to vote :dontknow:
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

I voted last night about 7 or so .My wife and i were voter # 415 and 417. Pitiful turnout for sure.Took 10 min.In and out the door.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

ChiefBubba wrote:Being I'm an out of state guy anything I can do to help like phone calls, emails? If so just give us a list of contacts and we can flood them with calls and emails. You know those out of state fees can be a real loss for them. Chief
Its really gonna be in the hands of the courts now.. It has already passed the house and senate and signed by the governor.. Antis had these to proposals which are basically null and void by the above but are great used as evidence in court.. Thank you for your concern.
Grumpy wrote:I agree with all of the sportsmans groups have got to get together and fight as one.
YOu know they all have "protecting the hunting heritage" or something similar and something like this comes up and they are all gone.. This has gotten pawned off as solely being about wolves, but in reality the wolf is just one aspect, it concerns all species including fish..
timbrhuntr wrote:When I was at my buds place in Michigan hunting last month he was talking with his wife about all these proposals etc that he was reading through. I guess it is the ballot you are talking about. To say he was a little confused and even frustrated would be an understatement. I heard him talking about the wolf hunting and he was going to vote against it. I made a few comments about wolves to him and he said oh maybe I should vote for it but then was confused about some other part of the ballot and basically was throwing his hands up in the air. He is as far from an anti-hunter as you could get but he had no idea what to make of these proposals and how to vote :dontknow:
You know they are all confusing and even hunters are confused due to the propoganda spewed from the other side. I was shocked when the dove bill was defeated in some neighboring townships which is all rural farming with 4 deer blinds on every 40 acre field.
redarrow wrote:I voted last night about 7 or so .My wife and i were voter # 415 and 417. Pitiful turnout for sure.Took 10 min.In and out the door.
Our turnout was good.. You know how few people live around here I went at 630 or so and I was in the 300s... But with the number of residents down by you that is pitiful..

I was out in about 3 minutes.. Took longer to sign in.. Voted straight party, voted on two proposals.. Not real concerned about judges, college board of regents, unopposed county positions.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

And here is the bull **** of the entire deal.. The area outlined in yellow is our Woof Range.. The entire range the voters have spoken "have a season".. Problem being 3 counties in SE Michigan control the entire vote in the state.. Rescue Red Arrow and bulldoze the entire area into the Detroit river and lake Erie.. It should have been a vote north of the Mackinaw bridge, these people live with them and should be the only say.. Most would propose have no season, but an open season and wipe these vermin out of the state.

Surprised N counties in the Northern Lower went Red but it is all propabullshit spread by the pukes on the other side and the informed side not spreading the truth.. Even hunters voted no as they were confused by the actual proposals.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Well It deepens, now the ******* great lakes wolves are an endangered specie.. I would hope the governors of MI, WI and MN refuse to have state and local law enforcement, enforce any law pertaining to the wolf.. Let Federal Agents handle all enforcement and management of these vermin..

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index ... great.html
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I can never understand how these dumb a-holes figure these wolves are some kind of majestic animal. Montana is running out of deer, elk and moose. Between the cougars and the wolves there will be nothing left in a few years. We have a season for both but it should last a couple months longer with higher limits.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Grumpy wrote:I can never understand how these dumb a-holes figure these wolves are some kind of majestic animal. Montana is running out of deer, elk and moose. Between the cougars and the wolves there will be nothing left in a few years. We have a season for both but it should last a couple months longer with higher limits.
I started to get in on the comment sections of online media last night, but decided better of it..

The target for wolves in the U.P. is 200, they now number over 600 and most say that is extremely conservative.. When the straights of Mackinaw freezes the wolfs have a 5 mile jaunt across the ice bridge to the lower peninsula the area of our state with higher game populations and they will ultimately thrive.. Wolves have already been documented in the lower but will undoubtedly continue to migrate and further populate.

Once they get into our prized elk herd, all hell is gonna break loose.. Our Elk are lightly hunted and not the most intelligent population of elk in the U.S. They are gonna take a beating.. Most likely be the end of our Michigan elk hunt..

We had our first wolf hunt last year and it was highly unsuccessful I believe 22 animals.. I am sure in angst of this the wolf kill will be the highest on record in 2015..

The U.P is one of the true lightly uninhabited places in the Eastern U.S. with expansive state and federal lands. Houndsman running both bear, coyote and bobcat escape to the U.P from the small parcels in the south.. The wolves have become so thick the areas in which they can run have been narrowed as they fear their dogs being killed..
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I predict now that the wolf has been moved back to "Holy" status, the number of illegal kills (wolves that is) will increase to the point that hunting them may never be necessary. People will revert back to the shoot, shut up and shovel method of eradication. So be it!!
These stinkin' libtard tree huggers wouldn't know a wolf if it bit them in the a$$. They need a Federal judge from Northern Wi. or Michigan's U.P to make the decision. There are no deer left to hunt.
What a bunch of crap!! :salute:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

I like the fact idea of letting the Feds take the reigns and manage. If I lived there and were hunting, probably shoot one without much thought.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

pedro wrote:I like the fact idea of letting the Feds take the reigns and manage. If I lived there and were hunting, probably shoot one without much thought.
Many do just that, Pedro..
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote:
pedro wrote:I like the fact idea of letting the Feds take the reigns and manage. If I lived there and were hunting, probably shoot one without much thought.
Many do just that, Pedro..
Yup every year there are numerous reports "Wolf found dead MI DNR searching for information".. Very few yoopers would turn others in for shooting a wolf.. Collared ones are usually found floating in a river..
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Something about those collars. Wolves can't seem to swim with them on. :dontknow:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote:Something about those collars. Wolves can't seem to swim with them on. :dontknow:
Is it that or the fact they have an electrical device around their neck they hit water and get shocked to death.. :scratch:
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
Hognutz wrote:Something about those collars. Wolves can't seem to swim with them on. :dontknow:
Is it that or the fact they have an electrical device around their neck they hit water and get shocked to death.. :scratch:
I think you're on to something here, Tom.. I do believe it may be the shock..Never considered that!! :salute: :lol:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”