Update on the kid

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Update on the kid

Post by Shooter »

Since I've gotten dozens of PMs, and Texts, asking hows things going, Thought I'd just give it to all while I'm at it.
Because my arm was immobilized for three weeks, letting the bones heal, the 8 inch incision's scar tissue stuck to the bone and hardware.
It caused my arm to be stuck in one position. Even at best, and with the PT guy pushing as much as he could, and me screaming like a Banshee, we could not get close to 90 degrees flex. Could only straighten to 20 degrees extension.
Went in for 6 week follow up to the surgeon doc. He says, nope, you should be farther along than this.
Guess what?? Another surgery,... at least that's what they called it. They actually only put me to sleep in the OP room, and manually forced my arm to bend in both directions. He said there was quite a bit of popping going on from the scar tissue tearing loose.
They use the term,... manipulation.
The very next day had PT, and did very well. 123 degrees flex, and 8 degrees extension. The next few days the swelling and bruising came.
Started loosing flex again slowly. My whole arm was black and blue from my wrist to past my elbow.
Now almost a week after the OP room, the severe pain has set back in,...DAM!!!! :banghead: I had been off of pain killers for almost a month too, dang it!!! Well, the crappy sleeping is back.
Yep,... back on medicine!! :mrgreen: My local doc gave me a prescript for all day pain, some Morphine to take right before PTs, and some anti-clog medicine called Polyethylene Glycol. I asked my pharmacist WHAT,... isn't this Antifreeze you put in cars??? :o
Yep, the dadgum pain killers comes with a side effect,... Instant Clog!!! Drinking milk or coffee only worked a little, not like the old days! :lol:
To top it all off, I found out the hard way, that there is a nerve in your arm called the Radial nerve. The first 3 weeks my arm about an inch wide right down the top of my arm from my joint to half way up my thumb was numb. The next few weeks it started tingling.
Guess what now??? :lol: :lol: Yep, you guessed it, good ole pain to add to the mix!!! :evil: Now we are on a nerve medicine,... geeeez!!
I am so sick of having to take drugs I can barely stand it!!

Oh, the leg??? The knee seems to be coming along fine. Can get to 90 degrees before the pain stops me. 45 degrees before the strong stretch/pull
kicks in. Had been walking a half mile every day,... slowly, before the second so-called surgery. Since the doc decided to force the leg too, it is hurting like hell again!!! Yeeeesh, will it ever end? :lol: :lol:
Maybe I can actually rifle hunt from the ground in a month! :mrgreen:

Take care everyone, and thanks a bunch for your concerns, and support!
DC1.

Re: Update on the kid

Post by DC1. »

Dang! Sorry to hear you are having such a ruff time.
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Sorry you're having to go through so much pain & suffering Tommy ! Hang in there Bro , things will eventually get better ! :thumbup:
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

Hang in there man! You'll get there.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I feel for you, Tommy. I pray that your pain eases and you get back on your feet ASAP.
BTW..PT doesn't stand for Physical Therapist..It's Physical Terrorist. That's what they are all right!! :lol:
Godspeed, my friend..

Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Dang man I thought you were alright.. Hope you have a great poop in the morning.. 2 cups of coffee, dip of cope, 2 cups of coffee, dip of cope.. Works almost everytime..
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

I guess ya can look at it this way,thank GOD you can feel the pain!!Spring is comeing???Get well
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

Hognutz wrote:I feel for you, Tommy. I pray that your pain eases and you get back on your feet ASAP.
BTW..PT doesn't stand for Physical Therapist..It's Physical Terrorist. That's what they are all right!! :lol:
Godspeed, my friend..

Mike
Man you ain't kiddin Mike!! They are starting to know my limits now, by my screams and facial expressions. They have even started calling me the screamer. Was sharing the mat with an older lady with knee replacement the other day, when I hit one of the high notes,... she bout jumped off the table. :lol: After about the third time, and her jumping every time, she was just shaking her head grinning. All of the PTs said, he does that. Everybody in the joint was laughing after that!
I'm starting to think I'm just a wuss, or the only one who don't care about the shame. :lol:
Last edited by Shooter on October 31st, 2014, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:Dang man I thought you were alright.. Hope you have a great poop in the morning.. 2 cups of coffee, dip of cope, 2 cups of coffee, dip of cope.. Works almost everytime..
Ah, so that's what I'm doing wrong. I've only been doing one cup of coffee and cope! :mrgreen:
chatterbox

Post by chatterbox »

Tommy,
Sorry to hear your having such a rough go of it. I hope it gets easier, and the pain starts decreasing.
Keeping you in our prayers.

Mike
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

Hang in there, brother....we're all pulling for ya!
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

Sounds like no fun what-so-ever. Hang in there. It will get better.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Well, that sucks. Was hoping for a better verdict.
ImageImageImage
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

God be with you Tommy. We will keep on praying for ya.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

man I feel for you!

I hope your able to get out and do a lil hunting . ground blind would be better than nothing.

get better sooner!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Gobbler Talk”