These deer are CRAZY around here!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Ticeman

These deer are CRAZY around here!

Post by Ticeman »

I'm tellin ya what...I've never in my life seen so many deer around here, and I've lived here all my life. I almost filled my tag yesterday at 70 MPH on the way to the woods at 2:00 PM, I'm talking about tires squealing, everything flying off the seat kinda close. does, bucks, everywhere! I see dead ones all around us along the highway, running thru yards, running across the roads, it's a sight to behold.

So at my honey hole, I have a treestand and 50 yds to the right I have a ground blind. I get into the stand at 3:00 and wait. About 4:30 out comes 7 does right next to my blind! (of course I'm not in it!) so I get skunked today. My SIL lives smack dab in the middle of the city, has at least 6-10 deer in her yard every day. It's ridiculous, the deer population is completely out of control in Iowa, ya'll need to come here and slay em, the doe-buck ratio is at least 8-1 in my estimation, maybe higher. Craziness.

My scent control techniques are working: wash clothes every time before I go to the woods in that scent free stuff, dry them with the scent free sheets, throw them in a bag and head to the field, get dressed at the back of the truck and then spray down everything. Wipe my head and neck with the wipes, walk slowly to the stand or blind and hop in. These does walked into the field directly down wind from me at 50 yds and had no clue I was there.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: These deer are CRAZY around here!

Post by Turkey Talker »

Sure sounds crazy!! Good luck man!
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

Heck yeah! Welcome to the rut. I've been cruising down to Missouri every day to rifle hunt, and I-35 is covered with blood and bodies. I had a monster walk out last night after shooting hours, and I had to let him walk. :angry5:
mnturkey

Post by mnturkey »

Not the only place they are crazy, I am driving about 220 miles on Friday starting out just about sunset and I am worried about the beasts jumpping out and getting my truck. I also have to drive back on Sunday and will do a portion of the drive in the dark.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Why don't you get ta KILLIN', how you gonna stay on the CamoMan Prostaff if you ain't KILLIN????????????????
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Ticeman

Post by Ticeman »

I'm tryin man..I'm tryin.. :banghead: bought my antlerless only tag today for next week, it's a two day tag, got my .500 S&W dialed in...any backstrappers within my general vicinity is gonna be in BIG trouble!! :angry5:

I'm thinking that the exit hole will be sizable... :thumbup:
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Use enough gun.. :violent3:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Git-R-Done Ticeman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
"God, Guts & High Explosives"

Return to “Gobbler Talk”