Finally! Drew my bow!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Finally! Drew my bow!

Post by timbrhuntr »

Well its been been 20 months since I blew out my shoulder and required surgery. I have been trying almost daily since I started to get some strength back to pull back my bow. Well today at 60 lbs I finally got it back and it felt good. I put out the target at 20 yds and put 3 in the 3 inch circle no problem. Today I will be in the stand with a vertical bow for the first time in almost 2 seasons. Now when them sneaky buggers come up from behind me I can turn and shoot facing and next to the tree. I liked the crossbow but it sure limits the area you can shoot thru when in the tree and its heavy. Oh yah I'll have my snyper mechs tipping my arrow. yee haw !! :cheers: :cheers:
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Finally! Drew my bow!

Post by guesswho »

I know the feeling. I had surgery in June on my left shoulder, right shoulder had been done previously. I can draw my bow back now, but I can tell it's something I probably shouldn't be doing to much of right now. Good luck, and if you miss you can blame it on the shoulder.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Wow you can pull your bow back already. I couldn't even lift my arm prior to surgery and it took 6 months to get in. Then it took another 6 or so before I could even get 30 lbs back. Good for you. This is the first week I have been consistently able to pull 60 even when seated. Oh and I didn't miss but I didn't see anything either ;)
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

:lol:
Glad you didn't miss, but you still have a valid excuse if you do.

I seem to be a pretty fast healer. I had a complete rupture of the rotator cuff, a complete tear of the bicep tendon along with some other issues on March 3rd. Put of surgery until after turkey season ,June 13th. Did you get one of these chairs and compression/cooling gismo's? I think it really helped with the rehab. This is me about two hours after surgery :lol:
Last edited by guesswho on November 16th, 2011, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

Good deal and good luck..
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Dang guesswho, u got some good insurance.

Glad u finally got to pull back that draw weight! Just take your time and take it easy! Congrats man!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”