Primos sues not for profit church group..

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Primos sues not for profit church group..

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Caught wind of this on other forums, a quick google search reveals... Primos has supposedly served papers for trademark infringement to a not for profit church group over the term "The Truth"..

Here is a quote from another forum that sheds some light..

a guy from Huntin' The Truth Ministries posted a thread stating that his Church group was served court papers for a lawsuit filed by Primos(be it the Primos Corp or Will Primos himself,IDK). the Church group which is a non-profit organization that works through area Churches to get youth and adults from all backgrounds get involved in the sport of archery and hunting. they do not make or sell hunting products.

they are being sued for their use of the words "the Truth" as used in the name of their group,Huntin' the Truth ministries,by Primos who also use the word "Truth" in marketing their hunting products and TV series/videos. same words,same meaning,but used in a different context than each other.

Primos uses "Truth" in the context of being "truthful" about hunting. where,when,how,good shots,bad shots...whatever, its "the Truth"

the Church groups use of the word(s) "the Truth" is in reference to God from a passage in the Bible. "I am the Way,the Truth,and the Light. No man comes to the Father,but by Me." They are Huntin' the Truth as in seeking God,Huntin for God,Looking for God,etc in His creation(the woods,the outdoors,the experience of being there witnessing thing that others arent able to or dont want to)

Here is the link to the not for profit http://www.huntinthetruth.org/huntinthetruth.html
YellaJacket

Re: Primos sues not for profit church group..

Post by YellaJacket »

Interesting.
I though Will Primos sold out a couple years back..well "officially" sold out to some corporations allowing the name to be kept on merchandise.
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

Thats it... nobody is allowed to say "The truth" in the woods anymore. Sounds like my old hunting camp.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

YellaJacket wrote:Thats it... nobody is allowed to say "The truth" in the woods anymore. Sounds like my old hunting camp.

When I was a newbie duckhunter...I bought a Primos duck call at Walmart. While on the lake I hunted with a pro. I threw that Primos as far as I could out into the lake. That was it for "The Truth" stuff for me.

I hope they get bent over backwards in court and offer a apology to the Hunters for the truth.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

truth is i will never buy another primos hunting item ever.oh,thats right i never have and that is the TRUTH.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Got nothin better to do
Moore

Post by Moore »

Wow that aint right for primos to do that I wont by another product from them ever again...
pickpot

Post by pickpot »

I would like to find the other side of the story. I think its odd that on the homepage it states the online store is closed because they are making changes. Perhaps it is just being changed for no reason but could it be making changes because they were advised to do so from a lawyer? I have a feeling there is more to this story.
pickpot

Post by pickpot »

As I thought.. primos has the patent on the word truth but only in a specific category. The word truth itself is not owned by primos. Primos only owns the patent on the word truth when it is dealing with merchandise related to hunting. This hunting ministry was profiting through its online store by selling hunted related items with the word truth on the merchandise without obtaining permission.. Primos must file regardless of if they want to or not in order to protect the ownership of the patent. All in all at the end of the day, this hunting ministry is guilty of patent infringement. Then I thought could this just be a honest mistake made and they are having to pay for it with no mercy? So I researched the lawful process of patent infringement. First, the accused infringer is notified in writing of the patent in detail and informs the person that if they chose to willingly continue then they may be subject to damages. Second, the patent owner and accused infringer attempt to come to an agreement. If the two do not met an agreement outside of court then comes the file of a lawsuit.

So, after reading all that.. I would do the exact same if I was in primos' position. This hunting ministry knew what might happen if it was not resolved out of court. The leaders made the decision to battle it out in court. It is so typical for people to turn this into what they have. How perfect it worked out to cry that their Christain organization is being attacked and people should boycott primos for their sake. So, that is a Christian example? Sounds like the perfect way to raise their memberships and get their name out there.
Preacher

Post by Preacher »

You seem pretty certain pickpot.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

I looked this issue up as well, all I can say is wow, what a bunch of dingleberries. Its no different than having to change an acronym of your business, if the words are different who give a flying fooo, This is like copywritting the word GOD. You could take a lot of child molesters to court then.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I am gonna trademark "turkey call" :thumbup:
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I have tried to trade mark... " WOODSPUSSY" for a product I invented. Its a giant portable flood light to find your deer stand with.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Gobbler wrote:I have tried to trade mark... " WOODSPUSSY" for a product I invented. Its a giant portable flood light to find your deer stand with.

HAHAHAHAAHAHahahahahahhahahahahahaa :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7: :cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Now that is funny!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
pickpot

Post by pickpot »

Preacher wrote:You seem pretty certain pickpot.
Not certain, just well read on this subject.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

There is nothing formal on the subject it would be interesting to see if it will make a newspaper or anything so that both sides of the story can be presented..

I have thought alot less of Primos ever since Will gave up majority ownership
pickpot

Post by pickpot »

There is a website that posts copies of the papers filed against them.. its like a database website so its legit

Return to “Gobbler Talk”