Sad Day for Waterfowlers in our State

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Sad Day for Waterfowlers in our State

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Yesterday a long standing member of our Michigan Waterfowl board died in a duck hunting accident.. Folks in the know are pretty tight lipped about the incident, but it is said to have involved his young son..

It makes me reflect on the number of folks whom I have taken on their first waterfowl hunt and the inherent dangers associated with the sport and proper safety precautions we all trust are fellow hunting partners are taking..

So whether your climbing a tree this weekend, taking a boat out for ducks in rough water or climbing mountains after Elk.. Make every decision based upon your safety and safety of your hunting partners..

Here is a link to the articlehttp://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.s ... apeer.html
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Sad Day for Waterfowlers in our State

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

very sad...prayers to his friends and family
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

That's terrible to hear. Your comments are right on target, Tom. It is so easy for us to become lackadaisical about proper gun handling while hunting, and it just takes one momentary loss of attentiveness to have a tragedy occur. Just another tragic reminder that all of us need to be vigilant about how everyone around us is handling their weapons,....and speak up when someone is not using proper care. Many of us here have been hunting for decades, and we can never be reminded too many times that lives can be devastated in a blink of any eye.
Very sad.....
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Sorry to hear of this terrible incident. :(
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

That is a tragedy. It tears my heart out when I hear about hunting accidents. They are so preventable..My prayers to the family, and the young man involved. It will be a hard thing to get over. If he ever will..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

i had a buddy get shot accidentally by his son doing the same thing...that is sad!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”