A Treestand Day!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

A Treestand Day!

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, today was my day to put up some treestands. I ended up getting in on a lease this year on 450 acres. This is the FIRST time ever I have paid for land to hunt. The majority is apple orchards with a little corn. There are small patches of woods. They want a considerable amount of deer killed to help reduce the population.......oh well we will see how that goes. The apples are being picked right now and the corn is suppose to be cut soon. Our black powder season comes in Nov. 5. The guy who lives there said.......the previous hunters just sat in apple boxes, I will move them wherever you want. I thought, yea whatever........apple boxes..........I have millions in treestands, ropes, ladders, burlap, safety harnesses...........apple boxes.............SISSYS!

So I got my two man stand up and then got on the 4 wheeler to look around where to put my portable. The more I looked the harder it was to find trees. I came up on a nice corner and a small patch of woods, but no trees that would accomodate my stand. I rode little farther and what did I see.........APPLE BOXES, with a ladder. Well, I said what the heck..........I climbed up in. WOW, kinda cool and roomy! I got a hold of the "bobcat" man and away we went!

Here is my little buddy Bailey.......he was on the lookout!

The two man stand ready for action!

CamoMan Prostaff treestand construction!

My final APPLE BOX TOWER! RaspyD suggested putting a roof on it???

Here is a view from another location also from apple boxes............I might like these things???
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: A Treestand Day!

Post by Gobbler »

Thats looks great. I'm jealous. We hunt pines. Looks like you'll have a fun Deer season.
VAHUNTER

Post by VAHUNTER »

oh lord ....i can see you stretched out and sound to sleep in that box already!!!! lol looks good bud

Perfection Turkey calls
ProStaff
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

that is awesome!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”