Wagan Power Sources

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Wagan Power Sources

Post by Jaybird »

Need some feedback on a product. My need is a portable power source that this item looks to cover. I live out of my SUV on hunting trips, and this product will jump your car, fill your tires, and has electrical outlets. Having my coffee in the mornings excites me to no end. I really like this product for camping trips, and as an emergency device when your on the road. There are many different models, but leaning towards the 900 Amp vs the 500 Amp. Has anyone used this product, and can give me some feedback. Thanks, Jay
ImageImageImage
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Wagan Power Sources

Post by Grumpy »

All I know about those things is if you are going to run something with a heating element check it out first and make sure it wil handle it.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
GSLAM95
Location: Southern Illinois - NOTE: Chicago is not part of IL by our choice!

Post by GSLAM95 »

I have a NAPA 1600 amp Battery Pack that is 5 yrs old and never leaves my truck unless I am topping it off for a charge if needed which is rarely. It only has a cigarette lighter plug besides the cables but I can tell you it has been put to use over the years from starting someone stranded in a parking lot - machinery on a job site to someone stranded in the middle of no where. If and when it goes bad I will not hesitate to buy another.
I have a friend that has a newer one (I think it's a coleman) with the all bells/whistles that was junk and already went to the dumpster. My best advice is to buy the largest amp pack you can afford, avoid storing in freezing temps, keep it off the ground and especially concrete floors and it will do all right.
As in all manufacturing some are better than others.
When in doubt,show up early. Think less. Feel more. Ask once. Give thanks often. Expect the best. Appreciate everything. Never give up. Make it fun. Lead. Invent. Regroup. Wink. Chill. Smile. And live as if your success was inevitable, and so it shall be.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Reviews on the Wagan pretty much classified it as junk. If I just wanted a jump starter, I need what you mentioned, but I want something durable that does it all from jump starting, filling tires, and plugging in small appliances without going to a gas generator, and fairly compact. I can't believe that no one on the Sites aren't using something they can recommend.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Gobbler Talk”